1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Blue jerseys won't be played until SD game

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 12, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,657 Messages
    6,373 Likes Received
  2. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,235 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    That's a shame. They should be worn every game.
  3. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,518 Messages
    683 Likes Received
    Good
    Nav22 likes this.
  4. stinger26

stinger26 Member

233 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Damn shame we don't wear the blues more often...they look so sweet
  5. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,091 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    Agreed. The blue look way nicer than the white. They actually match with the helmet and pants too.
    Muhast, Spectre and Carharris2 like this.
  6. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,173 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Is there a good/official explanation about why the blues are so rare? I'd like to see them at least twice a season.
    Afigueroa22 likes this.
  7. FLCowboyFan

FLCowboyFan Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.

2,357 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    The blue uniforms are unlucky. Over the years they lose more than win with them.
  8. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,075 Messages
    2,292 Likes Received
    We're at a point in Cowboys history when they could probably tinker with the white jerseys-only tradition if they were so inclined. I doubt the backlash would be too strong when, as far as the younger fans are concerned, no jersey has been particularly lucky.
    Muhast, Spectre and Boyzmamacita like this.
  9. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    If color could cause luck, would you wear the same colored shirt everyday? I hope you are not serious that you believe the blue uniforms are unlucky.
    Muhast likes this.
  10. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,773 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    Jerry seems content to stay traditional except for the "Ed Norton" jerseys on Thanksgiving. But there was a time when we would wear those white double stars pretty often. Heck, they were even like our unofficial playoff jerseys back in the day.
  11. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,300 Messages
    1,446 Likes Received
    I don't know what the Joneses are afraid of. I'm a traditionalist but the blue jerseys are part of our tradition. Why not embrace them? Wear them at home against division opponents.
    Muhast and CowboysLegend365 like this.
  12. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,627 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    I may be in the minority but I love the white jerseys. I'm perfectly fine rocking those every game
    Fletch and CopenhagenCowboy like this.
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,103 Messages
    6,920 Likes Received
    It's a scientific fact that the blue ones are unlucky. They look better, but I prefer the white unis, just because they're iconic.
  14. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,091 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    I agree.

I like the colour blue the defense used to ware in training camp, but don't like the game day blue at all.
  15. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,847 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    Even your dog dons the blue
    UDcowboysfan and dffl11 like this.
  16. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,391 Messages
    1,034 Likes Received
    The curse of the blue jerseys originated when Dallas wore them in Super Bowl V.
    All the quirky plays and bounces of the ball went against us. (still don't know how we lost that game) and then the eagles choose to wear their whites in the NFC championship game of 81 ( I think) again a loss and the legend was born.
    Idgit likes this.
  17. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,546 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Someone did a list recently on the best uniforms across all major sports. I think the STL Cardinals were #1 (my team btw). The Cowboys were way, way down the list. Maybe 18 or so, behind some ridiculous uniforms like the Golden State Warriors. I thought it was absurd. Then I read the comment under their ranking. Something to the effect of so much potential but just cannot get the nuance right - like the green pants...

I have to say, I get their point. Its a bit ridiculous that as great as the basic color scheme is (blue & silver) and the absolutely iconic Star, that this org chooses to stay with green pants and struggles mightily to get the blue uni right. It shouldn't be that hard.
    Muhast likes this.
  18. bleedin' blue

bleedin' blue Active Member

261 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Blue jerseys have always been my faves ;)
  19. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,671 Messages
    4,944 Likes Received
    [quot=boyzmamacita, post: 5180696, member: 1697"]I don't know what the Joneses are afraid of. I'm a traditionalist but the blue jerseys are part of our tradition. Why not embrace them? Wear them at home against division opponents.[/quote]

The whites were a Schramm idea. Back in the. Sixties the idea was to see every team's colors and for Dallas to be unique when playing at home. Marketing drove the decision then and it drives it now since it is part of the brand now.
  20. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    They should wear the throwback blues and chargers wear their afl jerseys throwback.