1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

BnA's primary issue is...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Ben_n_austin, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Peace ya'll.

I just wanted to say that, in the past, I've been terribly divisive regarding politics. Previously, I thought party lines were somewhat important.

You guys know the symbols they all talk about that mean something--like elephants and donkeys... Moreover, I took a hard-line stance against a man--if we graciously title him--and I came to as close to truly hating as I could anyone. But all that did was make me bitter inside.

And even though I'm still very bitter about the political state of this country, I no longer let it dictate my mood.

^^^^I think that's where politics goes wrong and we feel the need to divide, or group up, into parties and justify our beliefs by associating ours [beliefs] with others who believe similarly--it affects our mood no matter how rational we are, and this affects our rationality. Strange, isn't it?

This way of thinking is so stupid. And it's contagious.

Good thing there is a cure. Screw perfectionism. I'm only a vote--
    You better believe, however, that I'm going to vote for whoever I damn well please.

But I don't dive into it as hard as I once did on the national level; I'll be glad when G dumb is gone...

And though we'll never recover from his own so-called 'reign of tyranny', I've recovered from the bitter hate inside that divided me from actually understanding a great deal of nice people. They didn't agree with me. They were stupid.

F THAT... I like all of ya'll.

I've been partial to the donkey, but now I don't see it as meaning anything. The only thing our flag stands for in my mind is unity of the people--everything else has been diminished or annihilated from how I once saw this "great country". Perhaps that was my youth.

But I did learn one thing from all of that and my subconscious strive for perfectionism: Life is too short to be divided.

And truth be told, I've got it figured out. They [the government] wants us divided. If we unite, we'd be more apt to overthrow its current state (pun intended).

And that's the only way change has ever happened on the revolutionary level. And this era can only be healed by such an extreme measure.

Until then, I'm not concerned with titles, labels or divisiveness. I come bearing peace. I hope my country follows suit

(soon)
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,120 Messages
    3,166 Likes Received
    I am not aligned with any political party because they dictate what you believe in. If you are a Republican you must oppose the environmentalists. If you are a Democrat you must oppose the NRA. Blah, blah, blah. Or maybe that should be bah, bah, bah, as in the sound a sheep makes. I don't like that about politics. It is why I rarely talk about mine other than an occasional topic. I have Liberal friends who accuse me of being a Conservative, and Conservative friends who accuse me of being a Liberal. That's exactly the way I want it.

There are good and bad people and policies on both sides of the political fence. IMO the true problem with politics lies right at the feet of the Special Interest groups that back one party or the other. The dictate to the parties what they will believe and the parties dictate that to their backers.

Thanks, but no thanks. My thoughts are not for sale.
  3. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Mine either. Your conclusion is as wise as it gets... bah, bah, bah
    Bingo, Hos--
    How goes it?
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,120 Messages
    3,166 Likes Received
    Overall, pretty good. I'm already on my frantic countdown to the Draft and want it to hurry up. The NCAA Tourney will be a nice break.
  5. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Place here was jammed packed the other night.

About football:I had to step away from the board. I knew that we had a shot this year; but I also knew we could lose. It stung rather harshly watching us lose like that again... so close, yet so far as they say.

Glad to be back, though. Read about Zack Thomas (happy) and Julius (happy). Other than that, I'm in self-implemented Dallas Cowboy banishment...that is, until my wounds heal up.

Perhaps I'll gopher my head up there in a bit to see what's new around my team. I think it'll be cool looking at it from a new perspective... i wasn't ready yet. This year hurt.
  6. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Thank God we didn't need you while you were away. Did you get rested up? Are your fingers OK?
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,301 Messages
    4,619 Likes Received
    Ding Ding Ding

That is the point I make all the time but I guess since the current admin is Republican I get called a lib.

They LOVE to divide us and keep their base close.
  8. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received

If nothing else, I find it amusing that some of those who consider themselves Republicans are trying to divide their "party constituents" on this board.

This, heading into an election of pretty significant importance and long-term ramifications. Meanwhile, the Democrats appear to be pretty mobilized this time around, and unlike with Kerry, they'll have a charismatic leader in Obama who is pulling votes from both parties.
  9. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received

Are you calling the resident fence rider "divisive"?
  10. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Well, I know better.

Most of those who don't see this probably have bias clouding their view, thus they most likely have political reasoning to paint you in such a way that suits themselves, Mr. Paint.
  11. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received

Can't tell exactly who you are referring to as the resident fence rider.

But if you are referring to you or Brainpaint, no, I am not calling either of you divisive.
  12. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I re-read it. I should stop speed reading already! :)
  13. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,301 Messages
    4,619 Likes Received
    yes I am the self admitted fence rider.:cool:
  14. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  15. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    haha-- I can't tell... is that Cajun or DW? :p

What's up, dude? How is life treating you?
  16. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Life's treating me ok at the moment, how about you?
  17. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Ain't me, I've got a better looking butt! :D