1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Boardwalk Empire Season 3

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Derekmtl85, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Derekmtl85

Derekmtl85 Active Member

827 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Any fans of the show? I didn't see a thread in here, and since it's the finale next week, i thought i'd start a thread to see if anybody likes the show.

One of the best drama's on tv right now. Last week's episode was amazing.

If theirs already a thread on this, mods please delete this one. Sorry in advance if that's the case.
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    There is an old one some where about last season. It had been sort of a slow season until the last few episodes. It's definitely hit the fan though. Harrow is about to kick some bootay. :laugh1:
  3. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,487 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    I thought this week's episode as pretty good.
  4. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    This is probably the best written show on t.v, followed by Breaking Bad and maybe Mad Men.

Yesterday's episode was amazing, i look forward to Chalky and Capone being heavily featured now.
  5. Derekmtl85

Derekmtl85 Active Member

827 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Yeah, last night's episode was probably one of my favorites so far, showing Nucky in a light we haven't seen him yet...making him want to know more about Eddie, realizing he didn't even know Chalky's phone number, etc.

Capone at the end of the episode, was awesome. Next week's finale will be epic.
  6. Derekmtl85

Derekmtl85 Active Member

827 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Wow...that was one of the best episodes of the series so far.

I have no idea where season 4 will be heading, but it's going to be great.
  7. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    This season has been my favorite. I needed a little more violence and action.
  8. Derekmtl85

Derekmtl85 Active Member

827 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Definitely agree, the last 2 episodes have delivered that completely.

The other season were good, but this one was all-out war.
  9. The Ominous

The Ominous Dead Man Stalkin

1,193 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    This past season was so damn epic. It would've been perfect if it wasn't for friggin' Margaret and her snooze-fest story-lines. Richard Harrow is my favorite character on TV right now. His rampage last night was absolutely brilliant.
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,309 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    The Gretchen Mol scene with Gyp was the most erotic and yet the most disturbing scene in a show in a long time.
  11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,924 Messages
    1,307 Likes Received
    I'm not caught up, in fact I'm hardly into it...but 5 or 6 episodes through season 1 and I'm completely bored.
  12. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    This is not the type of show to hook you with a bunch of twists and cliffhangers every episode, the creators have the luxury of taking their time and use it to develop characters and set things up for huge pay offs.

All i can say is that you really have to stick to it and let it all soak in, season 2 is really epic.
  13. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,487 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    great end to season 3. Capone and Luciano to be big players next season.
  14. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,924 Messages
    1,307 Likes Received
    That's what I've heard so I'm trying to give it a shot, it's just not hooking me in at all.
  15. CanadianCowboysFan

15,309 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    I'm like that with Game of Thrones. Everyone raves about it but I try to watch and whenever I do, I end up asking myself why.
  16. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,924 Messages
    1,307 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Talk about different strokes. I thought GoT was a lot better than Boardwalk has been so far. Maybe I just don't have all the patience you need to allow characters to develop and that sort of thing, but GoT at least had some action and humor and the characters were more...bold maybe. Honestly, I have a hard time remembering who is who in Boardwalk, I don't remember that being an issue in GoT.
  17. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,788 Messages
    537 Likes Received
    That final episode was crazy good. All 3 seasons were worth watching just for that one episode.
  18. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    It definitely made the season worth watching. It was good to see Harrow take care of business.
  19. CanadianCowboysFan

15,309 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    that is exactly my problem with Thrones
  20. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,286 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    I love the show. It sucks that both Boardwalk and Walking Dead ended on the same week.