1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bob Hayes Hall of Famer...Highlight-#53...announcement-#99... acceptance-#116

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by Hostile, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,902 Messages
    2,709 Likes Received
    My thanks to Juke for the graphic. Man, does that ever feel right. So right that I erased my original post in the thread and am leaving this as the statement.
  2. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,423 Messages
    191 Likes Received

Nice sig BP, but you.......... GET A HAIRCUT!!!

:p:
  3. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,372 Messages
    1,874 Likes Received
    That's some great stuff there. :bow:
  4. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,423 Messages
    191 Likes Received

VERY nice. Sweet job Juke!

:thumbup: :star::thumbup:
  5. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Congratulations Bullet.

:star:
  6. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Kind of odd, but I just heard ben n skin on the fan and they are saying that lucille hester, the woman who said she is bob's sister is in fact not even related to him and her whole story is fraudulent?

anyone else hear this?

they are supposed to have someone named Ted Mcintosh on, apparently that is someone from bob's family who is going to explain how he has been trying to contact the nfl and let them know lucille hester is a fraud?

I just caught them before a break, so did anyone else hear this?
  7. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Special for all of us...

For me, he was the reason I became a Cowboy fan...in 1965.

Thanks for the kind words.
  8. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Only watched the man through highlight films, but this gets me choked up nonetheless. I couldn't be happier for Hayes and his family.
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    So Ted Mcintosh, was bob's best friend and his business manager until his death.

He is on with ben n skin right now and telling them that bob had a sister named lina hayes and a brother named ernie jr.

He has no sister named lucille. She grew up a block and a half from bob and is just a friend and the family is very distrought that she is the one accepting all these awards, the pro football hall of fame and the texas football hall of fame.

Ted just said bobs family in jacksonville was never told he was going to be elected to the pro or texas hall of fame. they have been trying to contact the nfl and the cowboys, the cowboys never let them know he was going to be inducted.

Apparently the hayes family is very upset and ted said they are very quiet and wont cause a fuss and will go into a shell with stuff like this.

Ted has no idea why lucille hester is posing as his sister. SHe will not return calls to bobs father ernie or his sister lina or brother ernie jr. All have tried to contact her repeatedly and she will not reply, they have none of the awards he has.

He called what lucille is doing flat out wrong. He doesnt know how she has taken over this and is doing all this. The family has failed to reach the nfl or the cowboys to alert them.

EDIT: Ernie jr bobs brother is so distrought over what lucille is doing, no one has been able to get in touch with him in over 24 hours and the family is very concerned.

side note, the last interview bob ever did was with ben n skin.

another EDIT: Ted Said bob left no such letter that lucille wrote. He emphasized bob thanked meredith and he was his qb not roger.

FOr anyone interested, he is going to be on again tomorrow on ben n skins show on 105.3 the fan. Ted Is trying to get a hold of jerry!

this is bizzare.
  10. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bizarre is right. Welcome to the Dallas Cowboys, where nothing is ever as it seems.
  11. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nice job. Looks like you enhanced the blue a little bit.
  12. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    What is the Ben and Skin show?
  13. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,511 Messages
    1,640 Likes Received
    Finally, an injustice made right.......
  14. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,684 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    I hope this isn't true. We don't need any controversy with this. He doesn't deserve that.

But I thought she kind of looked like Hayes.
  15. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    here is cbs 11's quick coverage of it last night. watch in hd on my page.

[youtube]OBZfeY7rzbI&feature=channel_page[/youtube]
  16. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    they are two local guys who left the ticket to work for the new 105.3 the fan sports station here.
  17. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,310 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Congratulations to Mr Hayes.
  18. MrMom

MrMom Well-Known Member

1,605 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Wow. This'll be interesting to see how this plays out. What an outlandish cirumstance if true and this is definitely something Hayes didn't deserve to have hanging over his HOF induction.

Thanks for the recap, Theebs. Keep us posted.
  19. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If this woman is a fraud, then she's been one for quite some time. How come the family didn't put a stop to this sooner? And did the NFL "vet" her in any way?
  20. ZB9

ZB9 Active Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    they should have put him in while he was alive