1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bob Hayes Hall of Famer...Highlight-#53...announcement-#99... acceptance-#116

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by Hostile, Jan 31, 2009.

1. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,596 Messages
    574 Likes Received
    I'm extremely pleased to see that Bullet finally got in.
  2. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Some massive egg on faces on this site if true.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,429 Messages
    1,476 Likes Received
    Regarding the so called fraud. When I was trying to help get Bob Hayes a tombstone I was given the numbers to two of Bob Hayes' sisters.

One was Lucille Hester.

The other is Lena Mae Johnson.

I was told that Lucille handles the family business.
  4. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

Ted Mcintosh is going to be on again tomorrow. Ben n Skin were trying to have him get ahold of the cowboys.

It was bizzare listening to him talk about this today. He insisted bob had one sister lena, and one brother ernie jr. He insisted lucille lived a block and a half away and she just attached herself to the family.

He also said about 50 times how she wont respond to the hayes family, especially lena and ernie jr.

The whole thing is unreal if true.
  5. Hostile

118,429 Messages
    1,476 Likes Received
    Yep, that would be very strange.

Is there any way to find his genealogy online? Perhaps it names his siblings.

Like I said, I have numbers to both.
  6. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

not sure. Hopefully dc will record the ben n skin show tomorrow.

they are going to try and hook him up with the cowboys and he is coming on again tomorrow to talk about this.

Ben n Skin know alot of people, so if it is true they will expose her and if it is fake they will get exposed by extension of ted mcintosh.
  7. Hostile

118,429 Messages
    1,476 Likes Received
    I for one will be really sad. She's a class act. Takes under privileged kids to the HOF every year.
  8. Hostile

118,429 Messages
    1,476 Likes Received
    Like who?
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he meant that no one likes being duped. But we're getting ahead of ourselves, here. She may very well be his sister.
  10. Hostile

118,429 Messages
    1,476 Likes Received
    No one here has been duped. We've taken the word of reporters, a funeral director (this would be me, no one else), the NFL, and the lady herself.

If she's pulling a con (which has not been proven yet) no one here has egg on their face because there is no way anyone here could know.
  11. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not really sure I follow you. If you trust someone, and they proceed to betray your trust, then you've been duped. Some might prefer "deceived," but that's practically synonymous with "duped."
  12. Hostile

118,429 Messages
    1,476 Likes Received
    No I agree with that. Just don't think anyone has any egg on their face.

Again, there's no way any of us could know.
  13. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't mind a rack of lamb on my face, but that expression will never catch on.
  14. Hostile

118,429 Messages
    1,476 Likes Received
    Only time I ever heard anything similar was on Andy Griffith when Otis hit his mother in law in the mouth with a leg of lamb.
  15. RoadRunner

RoadRunner New Member

2,809 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Can ANYTHING happening concerning the Cowboys just be normal? This is unreal.
  16. fan62

fan62 Member

682 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If you google "lucille hester" some of the news reports and such from the time of his death, list her as his daughter, not his sister!
  17. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

1,684 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    According to Hayes' autobiography, Run Bullet Run, his mother had four kids: Bob, his older brother Nathaniel (who died before Bob was born), his older brother Ernest and his sister Lana. No other sibling is mentioned.

That being said, Hayes was the product of an affair that his mother had with a man named Charlie Sanders (not the Lions HOF TE). He had a distant relationship with him. His "father", Joseph Hayes, divorced Bob's mother when he was seven. His mother remarried. Could Lucille be a step-sibling? Perhaps, but at the very least they don't share the same mother.

It's possible that this is a ruse, but it is somewhat open to question.

BTW, long overdue for Hayes. Too bad he wasn't alive to see it come to fruition.
  18. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just as we suspected, King voted "no":

I think, in the interest of full disclosure, here's how I voted in Saturday's Hall of Fame balloting. The two Seniors candidates, Bob Hayes and Claude Humphrey, get yea or nay votes. I voted yes on Humphrey, no on Hayes. (Shows my influence. Hayes got the requisite 80 percent for entry, Humphrey did not.) The 15 modern-era candidates get whittled to 10 first, then to five, and then we vote yes or no on the remaining five. My final 10 were Cris Carter, Richard Dent, Russ Grimm, Randall McDaniel, Shannon Sharpe, Bruce Smith, Paul Tagliabue, Derrick Thomas, Ralph Wilson, Rod Woodson. (I eliminated Dermontti Dawson, Cortez Kennedy, Bob Kuechenberg, John Randle, Andre Reed.) My final five were Carter, Smith, Sharpe, Wilson and Woodson. Then I voted yes on all five finalists: McDaniel, Smith, Thomas, Wilson, Woodson. I like the five-man modern class. Though I didn't vote for Hayes, I understand his appeal and am happy for his family and for everyone who supported him; there were certainly a lot of passionate people for him. My opposition centered around the fact I never had it proven to me that he was a singular player in NFL history. Homer Jones has long since been forgotten, but compare his first five significant years to Hayes' first five significant ones (1965-69) and tell me how Hayes is a much better player.
  19. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,916 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    Can I share, ONE MORE TIME, a major pet peeve I have with LOTS of people who follow football?

FOOTBALL IS NOT A SPORT THAT CAN BE EXPLAINED BY STATISTICS THE SAME WAY BASEBALL CAN.

Man, it drives me crazy. The only way to accurately assess a football player's career is a COMBINATION of considerations. Statistics are just one component. But guys play in different systems, have different things asked of them, and ESPECIALLY in football, statistics can be liars.

You can have a QB throw for 300 yards in a game who's team trailed the entire time because an interception and/or fumbles that HE WAS GUILTY OF put them behind the 8 ball. You can have a running back rack up 50 yards on meaningless draw plays at the end of a half, or when the team is behind and the other team is in a prevent.

I don't care what Bob Hayes' stats say compared to Homer Jones, Bob Hayes CHANGED THE GAME. Listen to his teammates. Listen to other players from that era and they will tell you that.

Troy Aikman didn't have the stats that some others have, but the guy was amazing, and if you WATCH THE GAMES and KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SEEING you will know that.

Football is not a simple numbers game, it is much more than that, and when people try to do with it what they do with baseball they really miss the mark.

Ok, rant over.
  20. IndianaCowboyFan

IndianaCowboyFan The Bullet

852 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    From now on Bob will always be in the Hall. King will always be fat, ugly and stupid. Isn't karma great?