1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bob Sturm decoding Dez against Saints

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by diehard2294, Nov 16, 2013.

1. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,512 Messages
    429 Likes Received
  2. sideon

sideon Active Member

220 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    So he's what we all are and that's the Cowboys aren't doing anything to free Dez up and they let the other team take him out of games.
  3. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    I'll just sum it all up

FAIL
    CowboysLegend365 likes this.
  4. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,234 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    Lack of creativity from the offensive coaches, no other way around it.
  5. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    I dont even get this. I mean TO was all over the field in 2007. I think Garrett is more interested in proving that he is the smartest man on the field rather than being a winning coach.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  6. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,276 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    To be fair, Belichick did this against Tony Gonzalez on Sunday Night Football this year and the Saints did it when they played Calvin Johnson.
    Everlastingxxx likes this.
  7. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

750 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Complete incompetence from our entire offensive coaching staff. I'm still not sure why people think Garrett is so smart, he really lacks ability and feel for the game.
  8. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,109 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Tony Sparano says hello....................
  9. kramskoi

kramskoi Well-Known Member

1,326 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    I usually like Sturm's postings but he is slipping a bit with this: "So, rather than saying, 'We think we can dial up a night of elite offense through the air, because that's who we are," Dallas decided to try grind the game out against a Saints D they thought they could run on and "keep Drew Brees off the field." I am pretty sure that he will admit that going 0 for 9 on third down means pretty much nothing worked. To opine that coming out throwing would be the answer to all that ills is hindsight. It was a total team collapse/quit sans special teams. Does he actually think the Cowboys can dial up ANYTHING elite at this point??? I want what he's been smokin'...seriously!
  10. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,575 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    The Key unsaid point to be taken from Sturms article..............we've seen Dez taken out of games repeatedly, with the coup de' grace in the Saints game.

Does Garretts scheme have an answer.......or can it even be adapted to create an answer?..........
  11. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,382 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    Very good observation, especially considering he pointed out Tony Romo's reluctance to take any risks with the football even when the game was slipping out of hand. Running the football was not the big problem, although perhaps they went a little extreme in an attempt to prove some point. This was a seriously embarrassing coaching job across the board.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,769 Messages
    1,608 Likes Received
    I don't know how, or why some outside the Cowboys refer to Garrett as an offensive genius, but he is the exact opposite of that. He has no creativity whatsoever - seriously - the guy is a joke who happens to carry himself well and fools a lot of people into thinking he knows what he's doing. Tain't fooled me.