1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bought a new shotgun

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by CliffnMesquite, Sep 27, 2013.

1. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,380 Messages
    187 Likes Received
  2. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,992 Messages
    857 Likes Received
    Who's the bullets for?
    CliffnMesquite likes this.
  3. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    725 Likes Received
    It's a shotgun.

And Smh.
  4. PJTHEDOORS

2,992 Messages
    857 Likes Received
    Shotgun shells/bullets. Smh.
  5. CliffnMesquite

4,380 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    First They are called Shells or Shot shells. And they are for anyone who wants one. I don';t descrimanate.
  6. PJTHEDOORS

2,992 Messages
    857 Likes Received
    lol. And inside the shell? Talk about oversensitive. Never heard of any person getting hit by a shotgun shell and not a bullet. New one to me.
  7. CliffnMesquite

4,380 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Well the shell contains pellets of various sizes depending. Or could be a slug which is like a bullet but not quiet the same. The shell also contains a wad. Have you ever shot one?
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

62,412 Messages
    5,939 Likes Received
    Are you in that new gun/rifle of the month club or something? :)
  9. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,924 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    It's for the sheep-dogs of the world (EOS), to protect the sheep (PJTHEDOORS), from any number of wolves out there (Too many to list !). Be thankful there are sheepdogs!!!
  10. roughneck266

roughneck266 Well-Known Member

2,291 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    Lots of good reasons for having a shotgun for home defense rather than a pistol or rifle. Not the least of which is, they do not over penetrate. Buckshot doesnt go through several walls before it stops, like most (not all) metallic cartridges do.
    Cliff, Yldiz makes a good shotgun. There are several of the Turkish brands that have become prominent, and they all seem to put out a good product. Heck some of the more well known brands have started using the Turkish manufacturers to make theirs for them. CZ uses Huglu, etc...
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,952 Messages
    2,521 Likes Received
    I would not call it over sensitivity. I'd call it knowing and understanding the weapons you are firing. It's part of weapons training and it's a very, very good habit to get into, understanding your weapons and the ammunition you are using. Would be stupid not to.
  12. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,441 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    You're right, they don't get hit by "bullets". They get hit by "shot", hence the name, "SHOTgun.
    [IMG]
    CLICK HERE... This'll help you become a man my son. ;)
    Lonestar94 and ologan like this.
  13. CliffnMesquite

4,380 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I have my eye on a Weatherby PA-08 pump, For a little skeet shooting. Wonderful weapon. Mady in Turkey.
  14. DallasCowpoke

5,441 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    This has always been a curiosity to me. WHY, does one need a glorified laser-pointer, for a scattergun!? :D
  15. roughneck266

roughneck266 Well-Known Member

2,291 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    In terms of a Defense gun, it allows the advantages in low light of having a lighted reticle, without giving away your position as a laser sight does. There is also tritium sights which glow in the dark. I agree with you when considering it for hunting purposes though, although some folks do like red dots for hog hunting and such..
  16. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

40,890 Messages
    5,351 Likes Received
    In low light situations esp for older folks the dot gives you a better line of sight. The only need for a laser on a shotgun is if you are shooting slugs from a distance. I could make a weak case for shooting turkey in the head with a long barreled gun if you know your pattern at distance. I wouldn't waste my time but good head shots don't waste meat. And I loves me some smoked wild turkey.
  17. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

40,890 Messages
    5,351 Likes Received
    If you're good at holding shells in your hand and reloading rapidly you can get off a fair number of shots esp with a big magazine.
  18. CliffnMesquite

4,380 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Not needing to aim a shotgun is an old wifes tale.
  19. DallasCowpoke

5,441 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Firstly, FIFY

Secondly...I have a Benelli M4 12-Gauge w/ an 18/5" barrel parked somewhere near my bed, that says different.

It could be a pitch-black w/ a hood over my head, and if I'll eject 3 shells out of that beast in a triangle pattern in the general direction of your breathing in about 5 secs, and your cute little laser pointer ain't gonna be shinning anywhere but N.
  20. CliffnMesquite

4,380 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    The old spray and pray theroy. Cool.