1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Boy, this brings back memories....

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by The30YardSlant, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    coach Bozo...that was the headline up here in NY.

As far as traumatic moments, I still cringe over the mental image of Bart Starr's sneak...
  2. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    while we're at it

does anyone have a video of Deion Sanders' no call pass interference and Switzer's subsequent penalty?
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    There was nothing wrong with going for it twice but you don't run the same play that just got stuffed again.
  4. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received

That play will forever haunt me as well. :(
  5. rdsknsbaby

rdsknsbaby New Member

222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i kind of liked this video.
  6. SouthernStar

SouthernStar New Member

283 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh, I don't know. It seems like I've seen Parcells do the same thing.....
  7. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

Not quite as bad as Switzer's call...but yeah, Parcells has made some real head scratching calls...
  8. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,228 Messages
    730 Likes Received
    Did you like the conclusion of that season as well?

#5... how many do the Skins have again?
  9. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,433 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I was at that game.....

groan.
  10. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,755 Likes Received
    Yeah but your taste is all in your mouth.
  11. rdsknsbaby

rdsknsbaby New Member

222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    3... and no i did not like the conclusion at all... but oh well
  12. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Havent they covered this in 6th grade math yet?

5 > 3
  13. rdsknsbaby

rdsknsbaby New Member

222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    oh i forgot... we worked on those the other day we call them the alligator signs.
  14. PacoReloaded

PacoReloaded New Member

366 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  15. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Let's see Switzer had the best O-line in the NFL the best FB and the best Tailback and was convinced they could gain a yard for him...but they failed and Switzer is an idiot forever...

Bill tries going for it on 4th and 1 with crap for an O-line, FB and TB and he is a freaking genius and a supposedly HOF coach...

Sorry I don't buy it...in this scenario (which did happen..check Bill's first year here) Bill is the idiot...

Ya can't fault Switzer for believing in his team...Switzer had a 0% chance for getting any credit for anything the Cowboys did right and 100% chance of getting the blame if anything went wrong during his tenure..

I truly do not believe there was another coach in the land that could have taken that pressure and succeded like Barry did...
  16. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,681 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Switzer was decidedly THE reason we didn't win 4 SBs in a row. You can't compare Switzer with Bill when it comes to their Cowboys tenure... Wonder what would have happened if Switzer inherited a team that went 5-11 three straight seasons? I seriously doubt he would have gone to the playoffs year one with a band-aid roster, not to mention put us into position to be successful for a long time... which is where we are right now.
  17. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,526 Messages
    470 Likes Received

We won the superbowl that year. I love that memory.

I agree with Switzer on the call. If we can't get a first down when we only need a yard running behind THAT OL, then we don't deserve it. And we didn't deserve that game.

:hammer:

Funny how you hear a lot of cowboys fans complain about us being way too conservative nowadays. I wonder how many of those are the same ones that still hate that call?

Jimmy Johnson failed on a 4th down attempt against the 49ers in the 92 Championship game too. And I also agreed with his call then as well.

When you have the OL to do it, do it.

Last year I agreed mostly with Parcells/Peyton's conservative playcalling. Cuz we simply didn't have the OL to make those type of gambles.
  18. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    let's see they Cowboys were in the NFC championship game...and he told Troy you throw an int for TD on the 3rd play of the game and you Mike go fumble the ball...and you Kevin Williams fumble the kickoff and we will give SF a 21 point lead...Get real...Barry did not cause that first 5 minutes and that was when that game was decided

Barry was probably the only coach with enough sense and the lack of an oversized ego to not change that team...

Barry had a fault and it was that he wasn't much on discipline...In fact it was the lack of discipline that lead to his firing... But like I said he was probably the perfect coach at the time...but he should have been let go after that last SB...because that team was on the decline and needed a stronger hand.

Barry I think is getting a bad rap for being himself... Most folk knew what to expect when we got Barry...so why they were surprised when he wasn't different is a mystery to me..
  19. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    and it really is that simple...now I might disagree with last year with you because we didn't have a FG kicker so I think we might needed to be a bit more aggressive but...I am not gonna fire Parcells over that because it was an almost Damned if you do Damned if you don't type thing
  20. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,728 Messages
    345 Likes Received

That was gonna be my point.

People tend to forget them things when they win. If the Cowboys would have lost that game people would had been calling for Jimmys head.