1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Boy, this brings back memories....

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by The30YardSlant, Mar 24, 2006.

1. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    That just shows how UNBELIEVABLE that team was that they actually WON a Super Bowl DESPITE him being the coach.
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,342 Messages
    733 Likes Received
    Eric Williams, the best offensive lineman on the team was out for the year because of an auto accident.

Mark Tuinei was having a bad year in 1994.

Larry Allen had to play the right tackle position with a sprained ankle in the NFC championship game. Had Williams been healthy, I think at some point Allen would have taken over for Tuinei.

Emmitt was playing in the NFC championship game on a bad hammy.

Aikman played in the 49ers game during the regular season with a hand injury. Dallas lost that close game and he looked a little off. He later hurt his leg and missed a couple of games only to rush back to face the Browns. He looked very rusty that game and Dallas lost. Those losses were significant in costing homefield advantage.

Switzer wasn't the greatest NFL coach, but he wasn't the reason Dallas didn't win it all in 1994. I never felt that going for it was a terrible call. The team was in a rut and needed something big to get them out of it. It would have been fantastic if something positive could have propelled them forward. Instead, it took that heart breaking loss in Philly to bring the team toghether and go undefeated from that point.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,383 Messages
    2,937 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  4. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nevermind the painful moments, there are a lot of cool Cowboys videos at that website. Thanks for the link. :)
  5. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,383 Messages
    2,937 Likes Received
  7. rdsknsbaby

rdsknsbaby New Member

222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  8. elkthestar

elkthestar Member

46 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  9. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I generally dont like rap, but that Fort Minor song "Remember the Name" is pretty good
  10. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  11. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Active Member

444 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    I remember the Cowboys-Eagles game from that year very well. The big reason why he had went for it from that place on the field was because the wind was swirling around the stadium that day and kickers especially our punter struggle tremendously that day. I think John Jett was punting. If the wind wasnt bad I dont think he goes for it.
  12. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,159 Messages
    625 Likes Received
    If he misses significant time again, or disappoints as he did for much of last year even when he DID play (other than the Carolina game and the 1st half of the Philly game)... I hope we're in the market for a new starting RB in '07. I'm still on his bandwagon, but 3 significant injuries in his first 3 years... that would be enough for me to jump off. Hopefully for Jerry and Bill too.
  13. rdsknsbaby

rdsknsbaby New Member

222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  14. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received
  15. rdsknsbaby

rdsknsbaby New Member

222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i know... i should
  16. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    A least you are able to admit your own inadequacies
  17. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,857 Messages
    1,232 Likes Received
    Yeah, you have 3 alright, but 2 of those have "tarnish" all over them! If I recall, and maybe someone will correct me, but, you RedStinks won 2 of those SB's during strike seasons, no?

The DALLAS COWBOYS have 5 "shiney" trophys, and they won those during regular seasons!

But, that's alright, Lil Art..."The Coach"...:laugh1: over at ExtremeStinks, will make you feel soooo much better about yourself!

:lmao:
  18. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Take a look at the video titled "Dallas Cowboys blooper" on that page ***I wont post it because, like it says, may be offensive, but its funny as Hell when you realize it actually aired***

Can anyone spot the blooper? :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao:
  19. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,318 Messages
    272 Likes Received
  20. doomsday81

doomsday81 New Member

398 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Would Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs, Bill Belichick or Jimmy Johnson gone for it backed up in their own territory like that? If you can think of one example of when they have done so in a situation like that, let me know. The argument that the Eagles would of rammed it down the Cowboys throat for certain makes no sense. Yes, they had momentum but Dallas had a championship caliber defense. Anything could have happened if Dallas had punted. You can't just assume the Eagles would have gone down the field and scored. Hey, I'm all for the Johnson and Parcells kind of gambles when they think they're neccessary to change momentum in a game but that one was just plain stupid. That's why Hall of Fame caliber coaches don't do stupid stuff like that and buffons like Switzer - whose Oklahoma football program was found guilty of over 100 rules violations while he was the coach and came close to getting the death penalty - do.