1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Boys Draft QB Cutler............

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JWitten, Jan 15, 2006.

1. JWitten

JWitten Member

73 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Was looking at numerous draft sights came and across one that has the Boys drafting Jay Cutler at #18. The draft is not the best in my opinion but it raised an interesting question.

If Cutler is on the board at 18 do the Boys take him, or get a T or WR?

http://www.draftstudio.com/mock.htm
  2. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just don't see the infatuation with Cutler.
    A lot of hype, IMO cause he played so well in his final games.

Not 1st round talent, IMO.

I also wouldn't go WR in the 1st round. We can get the same level of talent in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I say OT. Maybe LB.
  3. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's where you expect to get value in this draft anyway.
  4. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No way Parcells takes a QB this year, especially not in the first round. Parcells is about winning now and Bledsoe is his boy.

Look for a LB or Free Safety.
  5. TouchdownEmmitt!

TouchdownEmmitt! Member

30 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would likely jump on Cutler at 18. We need to address the offensive side of the ball this year. No wideouts good enough to warrant the 18th pick besides Holmes . . . but, I personally like Hagan better than Holmes and he may be available in the 2nd round. I would also be happy with a big OT . . . Eric Winston or Marcus McNeill . . . NOT Winston Justice, not at 18 anyway. I definitely think a FS, LB, or DT would be able to help us from day one if he's a first round talent, but I'm looking at the big picture . . . and our big picture has not included a first round offensive talent in quite some time now.
  6. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Cutler has gone from a 4th round draft pick in September to a 1st round pick 4 months later. With that momentum, Cutler is going to be a Top 10 pick before its all over. I've already seen a few mocks that have him going to the Jets at #4 and Raiders at #6.