1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Boys vs. Redskins Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DenCWBY, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,032 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    The sad thing is if the Redskins beat the Cowboys on Thursday, they'll be in a position to win the division, because I don't think the bye week is going to solve the Giants problems. The division could quite possibly come down to the last week of the season against the Skins, just like last year against the Giants. The NFC East is a joke this year.
  2. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,201 Messages
    1,078 Likes Received
    People said it was a joke last year, too. Look what happened.

Just get to the playoffs and you have a chance. Get to the playoffs and it is week one again...like a whole new season is starting.
  3. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

912 Messages
    85 Likes Received
  4. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,398 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    24-7 Redskins...although I am biased.
  5. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Redskins OL is just as bad as the Cowboys and the offense is doing just fine this year, with a first-year starting QB... Oh, and they can run the ball... You should have heard how much the redskins fans in DC were complaining last year about the OL.

Maybe JG needs to spend some time under Shanny...
  6. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 New Member

1,453 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we couldnt get but one sack against Brandon Weeden, what makes you think we can muster up any against Griffin? He will shred us.
  7. LifetimeBoysFan

LifetimeBoysFan Member

148 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Because the Skins don't have Joe Thomas and a solid young OL. In fact one could debate all day if their line is any better than ours. We SHOULD be able to get to him some, but if we actually do is another matter all together.
  8. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,576 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    No, but the Skins do have Trent Williams -- who is playing at a VERY high level right now. The right side is a mess though -- Chester is hot and cold, Polumbus sucks.

That being said -- Skins playing on Thanksgiving has never gone well for them -- 0-6 all time. Dallas wins a close one, 27-24
  9. Wayne02

2,032 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    The Skins have never had a playmaking QB either. Those past games mean nothing, RGIII is a difference maker and I believe the Cowboys have a better shot at winning at Wash than they do at home.
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,883 Likes Received
    Yep. We should win, but I'd say anything is possible.
  11. sunbum

sunbum Active Member

739 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

couldn't of said that any better!!
  12. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    No there is another who is even worse than Free and Dockery... his name is MacKenzie Bernadeau.... HORRIBLE!!!

13. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

867 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    we will loose this game because of our poor O-Line. Romo will be running for his life and will have to make plays, since the running game will not exist, which means more interceptions.
  14. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Prediction ... RG3 starts his owning of the Cowboys game 1 ... goes for about 4 TDs. Final Score 35-17 Redskins.

How bad do you think RG3 wants to play well ... this is national TV ... thanksgiving ... Jerry's Cathedral. This will be an RG3 Love fest by the end of the game.
  15. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,982 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    Rg3 400+ yards on thanksgiving and a W
  16. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,954 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Last three meetings between these teams:

Nov 20, 2011WSH 24, DAL 27Sep 26, 2011WSH 16, @DAL 18Dec 19, 2010WSH 30, @DAL 33

...so Dallas has a 3-game W streak, but every game so close. 3 points. 2 points. 3 points.

AccuScore has Dallas winning approximately 27-23 with a 61% chance.

...so...I'll go 2 points Cowboys win at something like 17-15.
  17. Wayne02

2,032 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    Past accomplishments against the Skins means nothing. They've had Rex Grossman and somebody named John Beck as their QB's and they've still had legitimate opportunities to beat the Cowboys. Now they have a playmaking QB, I don't know who will win, but I'll say whoever wins this game will have a great opportunity to win this division.
  18. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,201 Messages
    1,078 Likes Received
    RG III has been average against above average defenses. Still, Rob Ryan is going to have to rush more than three if they want to stop him.

Oh and anyone who has been paying attention knows these games are almost always close. It won't be a blowout by either team.
  19. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,415 Messages
    550 Likes Received
    Washington looked good against Philly and they certainly deserve credit for their effort, but that Eagles team was done after last weekend and they played that way. The Redskins just lost to the Panthers at home the previous game.

It will be close as always. Should be a good game.
  20. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,569 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Just two weeks ago they hung a wopping 13 on the Panther, and lost.

I'd worry more about the rookie RB at this point.