1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Boys vs. Redskins Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DenCWBY, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,578 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    Injuries are piling up for a Cowboys offense already struggling.

17-10 Redskins.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,959 Messages
    3,903 Likes Received
    Wow!.
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,613 Messages
    3,505 Likes Received
    we will lose. red's anemic offense can't keep up.
  4. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,651 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    I think the Cowboys will split with Washington and I have more confidence in the Cowboys winning at Washington than at home, so I'll say Wash wins on Thursday, and the Cowboys will return the favor in the last game of the season, possibly for a division title.
  5. TVMan

TVMan Active Member

790 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    The last time RG3 played at Cowboys Stadium.
    [IMG]
  6. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,061 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    24-10 Cowboys

Turkey will taste well for all you American Cowboy fans... :)
  7. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,887 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    All you guys picking the foreskins are crazy. Their defense is overrated. The Cowboys are going to win this game. I'll say 27-21.
  8. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,711 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    I like the way you guys think. I hope you are both right.
  9. Wayne02

1,651 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    So it's crazy to say that a 4-6 mediocre team will beat a 5-5 mediocre team, but it's not crazy to say that a 5-5 mediocre team will beat a 4-6 mediocre team? Oh ok.
  10. TVMan

TVMan Active Member

790 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Mediocre does not matter when it comes to Dallas/Washington on Thanksgiving Day.

This rivalry is about to be restored.
  11. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,615 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    Lee would be the difference between a win and a loss in this matchup IMO.

24 - 17 skins
  12. Wayne02

1,651 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    I know that. I was responding to the poster who said that anybody who thinks that Washington is going to win this game is crazy, and I gave that example to show just how foolish that was of him to say.
  13. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

Weedon and the Browns were able to move the ball so that's why most are picking the skins
  14. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,567 Messages
    1,660 Likes Received
    Earlier in the week, I shared my fear at the very real prospect of getting curb stomped by the Redskins on Thanksgiving. However, after rewatching the Browns game, I found a sliver of optimism shining through the cracks of an unimpressive win.

It's possible the Cowboys offense turned a corner in the second half. After playing arguably the worst half of football they'd played in five years, the Cowboys proceeded to score on 4 of their 6 second half possessions and 5 of 8 possessions when we include overtime. They scored 20 points in the second half alone. I venture it was their most productive half of football all season.

So how did they turn the corner? Because Dez Bryant turned a corner and actually took over a game, and Dwayne Harris seemed to wrest the third receiver spot from Kevin Ogletree. Once Harris started playing, all the drive-killing communication problems between Romo and his third receiver stopped.

Now, I know what you're thinking: But it's the Browns, dude. This is true; however, the Browns have a better defense than the Skins do. Neither defense is good, but the Browns defense is better across most of the board.

If the Cowboys take the offensive efficiency they showed in the second half against Cleveland and carry it over to Thanksgiving, they should be able to score over 30 points. And if you can score 30 or more points, you have an excellent chance at winning.

Make no mistake. The Redskins are a better team than the Browns, but only because of RG3. This means the Cowboys must play both halves if they want to win.
  15. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

You don't turn any corners until you are ABOVE .500

The End
  16. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,567 Messages
    1,660 Likes Received
    The validity of your argument hinges entirely on the topic of discussion. Since we weren't talking about the team in its entirety, your point is misplaced.

Having said that, you should notice I prefaced my remarks with "It's possible the offense has turned a corner". We'll find out for certain in the coming weeks.
  17. LifetimeBoysFan

LifetimeBoysFan Member

147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll admit our OL gives me no real boost of confidence. However I feel our line though is inferior to theirs (even with theirs if Smith is starting) and a notch above (if he starts and Parnell replaces Free).

The big difference is that it is more forgivable to go in with our OL banged up against their front 7. Orakpo and Carrigan both out leaves what Fletcher to fear? I think we can survive.

With our DL and the way Cater and of course Ware play we should be able to spy and corral RG 3 while Claiborne and Carr Man up downfield. Even Spencer lately has been making life uncomfortable for QBs.

Then you factor in our group of weapons against that secondary and as long as Dez doesn't regress I see no reason he can't eat them for breakfast ala Cleveland. For that matter Witten too. Even Miles and Harris both could be major problems for them.

Having said all of that. On paper we should be victorious. That as you know means about as much as the kind of paper you wipe with at a FedEx field men's room, and this team certainly is capable of playing down to the competition (see first half last week). Not to mention the stupid penalties and drive killing turnovers or coaching decisions with game on the line too. So I am going with best case and worst case. Depending on which team shows up for both halves on Thursday.

Dallas 31-17

Or Redskins 24-20 aided with mediocre play, penalties and turnovers.
  18. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

I really can't say it if they are 6-5 because they have the tendency to fall back to .500.

So if I see a 8-5 record then I will believe the second half of the browns game was the turning point
  19. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,615 Messages
    705 Likes Received

That's interesting, I only saw parts of the 1st half via bad streaming (with an icon in the middle of the screen - still have the virus from the website). I had thought that Harris came in to spell Otree after an injury, but it looks like he came in well before that and seemed to do well, as you said, making catches or drawing penalties. That would represent a major change, a 3rd receiver that is not less than zero in many circumstances. I think that Harris is a better blocker than Otree as well.
  20. TheIceman

TheIceman Member

128 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Kerrigan is not out. He hasn't even been injured. You're thinking of Adam Carriker who is known more as a run stopper than a pass rusher.