1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Boys vs. Redskins Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DenCWBY, Nov 18, 2012.

1. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,560 Messages
    1,645 Likes Received
    Your argument has merit, but there's another side to that coin. Penalties are penalties for a reason. They give one team an unfair advantage. For instance, if the corner hadn't held Ogletree as he ran by, the play likely would've been a touchdown. So even though the Browns were penalized, it was a net gain for them because they didn't give up a score on the play.

In other words, we can't assume the play wouldn't have been a positive for Dallas simply because Cleveland was penalized.
  2. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,009 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Guarantee you that Paulsen, Garcon, and Williams will all go. Fletch is an iron man but his body is showing signs of wear, still think he starts to keep his streak going. Wilson has been playing with his shoulder, so no real reason to think he will sit out. This isn't an early season game, or preseason. This is an every game is a must win, division rivalry on national TV. I would be shocked if even one of those 5 players miss this game.
  3. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    I hope all of'em play...
  4. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

Accuracy
    Mobility
    Arm Strength
    Ability to make plays
  5. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,207 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    For the most part, I totally agree with you. Guys get beat, and they hold...probably would have gotten beat either way.

But.

In the Browns game, there was one drive in particular where this wasn't the case.

It was on the last drive of the 4th quarter, and the Browns committed an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that kept Dallas from facing a 3rd and 6. And then later on that drive, Sheldon Brown committed what I think was an unnecessary PI penalty. I'm not convinced Harris would've been able to catch that ball, so mugging Harris wasn't the way to go. But Dallas gets out of a 3rd and long again and gains 35 yards in the process. The Cowboys would go on to force OT.
  6. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,924 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    i can't make a prediction about this game other than i will be feeling quite ill if we lose.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,813 Messages
    5,346 Likes Received
    I'm totally conflicted with this game. I'm leaning Redskins but Romo is undefeated on T-day.
  8. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    LMAO... LMAO

I feel that the Cowboys will play quite well against the Redskins. Secondary will keep RG3 from completing any deep routes. We have enough speed at LB to keep him contained.
    Dez Bryants will run all over Hall. Obviously the Oline is a concern but I think they will find a way to get the job done but it wont be pretty.
  9. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Cowboys win 24-17
  10. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Stinks......24
    Boys........10
  11. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

You still refuse to accept that RG3 has a LOT OF MOVES!!!!!!
  12. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,593 Messages
    562 Likes Received
    It comes down to how well the Cowboys defense contains the Redskins ground game.
  13. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,037 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    26 Cowboys
    16 Redskins

Close game mostly...late FG gives Dallas the 10 point lead.
  14. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    He moves and runs really well but on the flip side, Ware and Spencer do a darn good job of setting the edge and we now have LB's who can flatout fly and that makes a huge difference. He better hope Carter doesn't get to him cause he hits you with full impact and takes you down aggressively.
  15. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

I just know I better get a dog because I;m SCARED of RG3
  16. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

700 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    I think we win the game but its not gonna be easy. I feel like RGIII can be contained by our defense.. I'm more worried about Alfred morris to be honest.
  17. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,712 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    27-17 Redskins. RG3 will have no problem moving the ball against our defense. We won't put pressure on him so he will pick us a apart the same way Vick did last year.

Our secondary is very good but if you give a QB all day to throw, the secondary won't be able to hold up long enough.

Our offensive line is now falling apart and will not afford Romo enough time to throw. So we will not be able to keep up with the Redskins point wise.

We lose this game no doubt.
  18. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Active Member

825 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    Once you take out Ware, there is not pass rush. RG3 will pick us apart, easy win for the Deadskins. And with Crazy Jerry thinking this O and D-line are great, might as well get used to RG3 owning the Cowboys, much like McNabb did.
  19. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,340 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    what league are people watching these days.

easy win for the redskins?

:lmao2:

I imagine it will be a close game as we are no world beaters, but make no mistake. The skins are a crappy team.

predicting them to beat anybody with ease is a massive stretch of non reality.
  20. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,505 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    I'm not sure who wins this game but I know for sure it's going to be a dog fight. It will be tough and close all the way as it has been pretty much every game between these two teams for a while now.