1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brad Sham, "The Brian Waters deal is dead."

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheSport78, Aug 17, 2013.

1. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,458 Messages
    754 Likes Received
    They did, but if you don't think we have HUGE problems on the OL, you need to look again.
  2. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,432 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    This Team is a mess, as usual.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  3. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,454 Messages
    1,265 Likes Received
    I think JJ recognizes that OL is an issue or he wouldn't have chased Moore and Waters...the defense has played well in pre-season...but, it is pre-season....it is not like we are 1-2 in the regular season
  4. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    The point that you continue to miss ,year after year, is that just because other teams can get by with a sub-par oline, that doesn't mean that the Cowboys can. The Dallas offense has to have a solid line to be 100% effective. This has been proven every year, because every year the oline is the downfall of this team. Why would you want resources to go to other positions if the oline is the problem? Why not fix the line? Step back and look at your reasoning. It is wrong. It doesn't hurt to change your position on the subject .
  5. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

1,635 Messages
    1,115 Likes Received
    If we had a strong Oline we would be virtually unstoppable on offense. We don't have one.
  6. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    This is absolutely true. If Jones somehow pulls a rabbit out of his hat and signs Waters in the next week, the same people that are tearing Waters down now will be celebrating his signing as another stroke of genius.

Say what you will about the critical fans, but at least they're consistent.
  7. pgreptom

pgreptom Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    And unfortunately you're probably right. A big reason why our offensive line is terrible is because of the obsession with tight ends. Fasano, Bennett.. if you could of hit on either of those two picks with a guard what type of shape would our o-line be in? Good shape... Smith 2nd Frederick B and Free with Leary and Livings injured at the moment. We'd have starters and veteran depth.
    rpatricc likes this.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    look at how many high picks have been spent on TE vs O line. What other team would be doing that with what was at the very least a questionable O line for the last 4-5 years.

Hanna looks like some good talent found in the SIXTH ROUND. Why not look for TEs there and use those second round picks on O Line?

Fasano. Bennett. Escobar. All chosen with a FUTURE HALL OF FAME TE STARTING.
    rpatricc and tupperware like this.
  9. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Exactly.
  10. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,546 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    This whole post is dead wrong. The same people who were tearing down Waters (me), would not be celebrating anything other than that we will hope it's an improvement.

Sure, the critical fans are consistent in their opinions, especially when they ignore improvements made by the team in the past few years and still come out with outrageous claims that Jerry has done nothing.

I don't support everything the team does, but I simply find it to be a waste of time to whine all the time.
  11. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,880 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Makes you wonder if that great Salesman in Jerry Jones is losing his touch.....that is now 2 Vets turning down an opportunity to play with Jerry Jones Cowboys.....interesting.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  12. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    The prosecution rests.
  13. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

2,996 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    I never said that. I know how dire our offensive line situation is. It's deplorable and will probably cost us dearly this year. I'm hoping for a trade and/or picking up someone from the last round of cuts for depth.
  14. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,546 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    How? Please enlighten me.

Unlike many nancies around here, I don't like to whine and moan about what I don't like every chance I get.
  15. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

898 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    But Romo was getting picked up off the ground a few times
  16. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,744 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    2014 draft :

1. CB
    2. TE
    3.WR
    4.S
    5.RB

Seriously wouldn't doubt it
  17. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,730 Messages
    2,503 Likes Received
    Every QB is going to get hit over the course of 19 pass attempts.
  18. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,228 Messages
    1,374 Likes Received
    Agreed. There is no perfection in football.
    I am starting to wonder if the worry about Tyron Smith's lack of progression is warranted though.
    I did not like seeing some of his struggles yesterday.
  19. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,562 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    I keep missing that point because it's one that you're just making up. But I'd be interested in whatever you've got to support the point that our offense requires us to have a better O-line than other teams who win Superbowls with just adequate protection.

Last year's not a good example, though, since we lost games last year because of our pass defense breakdowns and because of turnovers. Even the problems we had with the OL (which *were* a legitimate issue) were more at C and OT than at the OG position that the local O-line enthusiasts are so fond of complaining about.
  20. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    This is good news