Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Badattitude, Aug 30, 2005.
Have you seen this guy do a damn thing? I think he gets cut by the Tuna and his click...
Don't know how much he's done, but I don't think he gets cut. We're not that deep at LB and I think he's one of our better ST players. (could be wrong about the ST but if i recall correctly, he is)
hes been in on plenty of tackles.
agreed, we are too thin at LB to let go one of the guys who has experience.
Hes going to be a starter, not sure why he would get cut.
Also this is that crucial 3rd year Parcells talks about, if he doesnt step up then maybe, but he'll get his chance for now.
i havent ever seen James do anything to get me excited, if he gets cut so be it.
O'Neill will be cut before James. Now if James doesn't show anything this year, he's on thin ice.
He's playing the same possition that Gary Reasons played on BP's champion Giants teams. It's not the glamor possiton, it's the blue collar take on the block job. Dat is playing the Jack spot, were he is less likely to be blocked according to BP in TC press conference back in Oxnard.
Yeah, in the AZ game he had several key plays. He's probably going to start at ILB. Cut? No way, no shape, no how.
Another Parcells yawner. They're piling up.
If he's starts we're in big trouble...I've only seen him get jacked.....
There is no way he gets cut but having said that, the expectations were such that thus far, he has indeed been somewhat of disappointement.
Some people in particular were really high on this guy coming out of college.
It's still early but he certainly hasn't done anything to impress me thus far.
Football IQs aside Bradie ain't going no where. Where does this BS come from?
He's been in on a lot of tackles and the position he's playing (strongside LB) is designed where he's supposed to stonewall O-Lineman and allow for the other LB's to make plays.
He's not getting cut this season.
On the :money:.
Not everyone can be a playmaker. Some guys have to do the unheralded jobs.
Brady James broken down for the first two quarters.....
1st play, takes on block, gets in on tackle.
2nd- Quick curl away from him, no chance. Penalty, replay down- Short pass to flat- James makes tackle. Holding on defense- 97.
3-Does good job dropping into zone, car runs out of bounds.
4. Kinda takes on block, makes tackle on Daves 5 yards down field.
5.Qucik pass to AJ, Newman makes stop, James right there.
6. Pass deep over middle- dropped. Brady read playfake and dropped into coverage.
7. Nicle D, james comes out.
8. First offensive punt, James makes tackle.
9. Run to James side, takes on fb, turns RB inside.
10. Pass to right, dropped. James read through playfake to RB.
NOTE: TO THIS POINT, JAmes has done nothing wrong and been all over the field.
11. Nickle d again.
12. Kinda got blown up a bit by the FB, still got in on tackle 7 yards down field. It was away from his side though.
13. Run up middle, got blocked by G- 3 yard gain.
14. Read through play action- Quick seam to Dat's side where Davis blew up Johnson.
15. Got blocked by Lineman again, 1 yard gain. Seems like when the Lineman come free, they get no gain.
16. Nickle D.
17. Pass in seam to Dat's side.
18. Run up middle, again blocked by lineman, in on tackle about 6 - 7 yards downfield.
19. Run up middle for no gain, James spun off block by Lineman.
20. Nickle d.
21- Play fake, James blitz's and is in Carr's face pretty quickly before Davis cuts James' legs out. Incomplete.
22. Stuffs FB in whole, forces morency to take it away from whole. Good job there.
23 Nickle D.
24. Run to Dat's side, takes on block pursues. Roy makes tackle in backfield.
25. Flows to right on playfake, picks up TE running crossing route and covers him. Carr forces ball to Johnson, newman interception.
26. Quick curl to flat to Johnson, Roy makes tackle for 2 yard loss. James takes on block and in the area.
27. Pass to johnson for a curl, James reads through play fake and would have anihalated Johnson if newman didn't.
28. Nickle d.
29. Real bad camera work, i believe shanle is in for him.
30. Shanle in.
31. shanle in.
32. shanle in.
33. I guess shanle is in for the rest of the half.
To the original poster, you are sorely mistaken if you think James is no good and didn't do anything.
I could argue that he is our best LB. I analyzed the first game against the Cards and he was all over the field. Missed analyzing the Seattle game, but this game he was all over.
Don't know what game you are watching.
Nie post. Good research.
I agree with ya Sarge. I don't expect him to get cut....but I doubt that he'll WOW any of us anytime soon. I'm of the opinion that this is his last year with the Boys and he probably won't be missed.
BA are there any players you like on this team? Seriously?
Way to do your homework my friend. I'm certainly pulling for James to make it happen this year but I'm not confident that he will. You could probably make the argument that he's our best linebacker but your gonna have a hard time finding the facts to back it up. I know that LB's are responsible for tying up blockers and keeping the runner inside....but your better LB's avoid the blockers and make the play. This is something that James has obviously struggled with to this point.