1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brandin Cooks --- OSU WR

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by DEMARC0MURRAY29, Apr 16, 2014.

1. DEMARC0MURRAY29

DEMARC0MURRAY29 Active Member

265 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    I know i'm probably gonna get called out on this, and this is definitely something a team could only afford w/ a luxury pick...something the Cowboys aren't in the position to do. But hear me out, this guy at #16 is tremendous value in this loaded draft. Tavon Austin was taken at #9 last year for "speed & agility" mainly and Cooks ran a faster 40 yard dash time and basically destroyed his production at the collegiate level. He is a matchup nightmare. Dez, TWill, Cooks, Witten, Escobar, Murray....

cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  2. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,483 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    He's an under dawg might even turn out the better pro when it's all said and done if he can translate his skills too the NFL
  3. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,572 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    I really like him and wish we were in a position to take him.
  4. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,909 Messages
    3,048 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be upset at all over this pick at 16. He's a rare talent. I worry about his durability but that's probably not going to be a problem. You could play him at the X, W, Z or RB esp split wide or in motion and he's a mismatch for one guy. Someone may take a chance on him in the first IMO. He's just too much of a playmaker.
  5. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,614 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Love this guy. I really doubt we draft him, considering how we (over?)value the measurable and all that.
  6. DEMARC0MURRAY29

265 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    I completely agree. Wherever this guy is on the field he is a mismatch for any defender.
  7. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,120 Messages
    1,380 Likes Received
    I really love Cooks as a player. A lot. However, I can't see it with our needs.
  8. DEMARC0MURRAY29

265 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Yeah that's the problem...but if we got him it would take a little off the defense. Our O would be unstoppable
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,005 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    Could be seeing a lot of him. Eagles are said to covet him.