1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brandon Carr; RG III 'not the same'

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Mookie, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,351 Messages
    859 Likes Received
    You're pretty confident that he won't have his coming out party this weekend?
  2. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,392 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    It would only take a couple tweaks in their gameplan and he could do his thing. Ware was biting on the fullback fakes last time against them, I would not be surprised to see some increased RG III option read plays, we had a lot of trouble with it.
  3. Section444

4,351 Messages
    859 Likes Received
    I honestly think that much like Romo (until last week), it has less to do with the scheme, and more to do with RGIII simply not being healthy enough to run the kind of offense that they want to run. Having had a major knee injury, I know that it takes a lot of time to gain full confidence in the joint again. I could see us mauling the Redskins this week, but I could also see RGIII suddenly having an epiphany, and going off.
  4. Nirvana

4,392 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    It's such a huge game for both teams that I would not be surprised at all if he goes all out. I already plugged him in on my fantasy team over Kaepernick, who has been a major disappointment anyway. I hope RG III has a bad game of course, but I doubt it.
    Section444 likes this.
  5. Section444

4,351 Messages
    859 Likes Received
    It's going to come down to which Romo shows up.
  6. Nirvana

4,392 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    Murray could go off on this poor rushing D and make things much easier for Romo. On D our nickel needs to play a LOT better.
  7. Section444

4,351 Messages
    859 Likes Received
    I really hope that they start getting Murray more involved. He's #9 in the league in carries, but it sure doesn't feel like it.
  8. Nirvana

4,392 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    It's up to Murray as Dunbar is out and Tanner can't be trusted with too many carries. Randle might get some limited snaps I guess. That would be a nice surprise if he were to have some big plays.
  9. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

2,619 Messages
    2,502 Likes Received
    Defense needs to shut their pieholes and shut the wide open holes in the field while they're at it.

Last week it was "we're tired of hearing about Peyton we are good too". Umm no you're not. You stink.
    Doomsay likes this.
  10. kevinad1969

kevinad1969 New Member

11 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Coming off of the bye, Redskins have no excuse for not being ready...and they get back two contributors on defense this Sunday. I'm a redskins fan and I truly think they will win this game. However...if they are down at the half, they need to show the ability to be able to adapt and make adjustments. Don't necessarily like playing the late game though.
  11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,558 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    Its almost inevitable. A putrid defense, them playing better on offense as the season has progressed, and having last week up to rest that knee all make me worried.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,753 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    Maybe not the same runner but he's the same fake passing QB he was last year.
  13. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,736 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    Momma dropped you on your head when you were a baby, huh?
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  14. kevinad1969

kevinad1969 New Member

11 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Nah, my head is just fine...how's yours?
  15. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

10,009 Messages
    1,141 Likes Received
    Brandon, he was worse off last year when we played them for a chance to send them home and move on to the playoffs. You guys still couldn't stop him when he was gimping around on one leg.
  16. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    The redskins are going to get their butt kicked all over the field on Sunday and RGIII won't be finishing the game. They will be singing "hell to the DEADSKINS".
  17. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,286 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    Would have preference if Carr went PC on this one and said, "he is a helluva player and very dangerous" .... Blah blah blah... Etc etc etc
  18. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Looks like both teams are basically as healthy as NFL teams get nowadays. Hope to see a good contest Sunday. As for the comment, like someone else pointed out, Griffin is healthier now then the last time the two teams met, but Morris isn't the same without Griffin's threat. Bottomline it's a new year and time for one or both of these two teams to get on a roll.
  19. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,751 Messages
    1,298 Likes Received
    This.
  20. 30yrheel

30yrheel Well-Known Member

2,744 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Yep, you watch, he'll be better than ever and scorch our D.
    Never fails.