1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brandon George on Norm, Cowboys have shown interest in the following

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,419 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    This isn't 2002
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,579 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    It's still the same defense though. He didn't mention the year, only the defense.

Plus he's wrong about Cyprien anyway.
  3. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    No, you are about Cyprien. Same defense; different players. Your comparison of him to John Lynch lets me know that you don't know what you are talking about.
  4. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,579 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    I didn't compare him to John Lynch. I mentioned Lynch cuz he was NEVER a big time "cover half the field" safety.

And Cyprien is not a "strictly in the box" safety.

Anything else?
  5. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,789 Messages
    1,878 Likes Received
    I love rouse being from fresno state, but the guy is too small. IDK, unless they're looking at him as a KR/PR type guy athlete type.
  6. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

866 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    I like 5'7" backs lol don't know why, but always have. But I am impressed as to how he plants his foot and just goes whatever direction he feels. And the guys vision is pretty good at finding the holes. I think the zone-blocking here is perfect for his style. He has to get better in pass-protection, but that comes with coaching(still a vacancy at this moment).
    Again, for me, it's just how he plants his foot, then "BOOM" he's off. I also like how low to the ground he runs at the goal line, he is a hard back to locate with a nose for the end-zone and great receiving ability.
  7. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Since we are talking he said/she said, or I said/you said in this case, I never said he is strictly in the box. I said he is "MORE" of an in the box safety. If you watched him live (I did) or watched more than a couple of his games on TV (I did) then you would know that for the majority of the plays, he was in the box and close to the LOS, which is why he had a bunch of tackles. On occasion, he would play deep zone or cover man to man, but he specialized in creating havoc at the LOS. He is a good at what he does but for a team looking to move to a defense where a lot of 2 deep zone will be played, it should make you wonder why he would be considered for that role. Lynch and Cyprien are two completely different players so again I don't even know why he is in this conversation.
  8. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,579 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    So did John Lynch. :D

Hey I'm not saying he's our best option (I'm not really sure who I would put on my wish list just yet tbh), just saying he wouldn't be someone that would be bad to draft. He'd still be an upgrade IMO (not saying much, I know).

As far as Lynch goes, he was not a "Ronnie lott deep safety type". He was great in the box and had adequate cover skills. I think Cyprien can be that type of guy (though not on Lynch's level obviously).
  9. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I do agree with you there. He really is a smart guy and I do like him, and with the right coaching, I am sure he could succeed as a cover 2 safety. My only question was why he was being looked at when he isn't particularly playing that style in college. I guess for me, I'm looking for guys that can start right away considering the current state of our safety depth. If he does get drafted, I won't complain. I just hope someone else is on the team that can go without having to learn on the job.
  10. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,352 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    Based on everything I'm hearing...Cyprien is one of the better cover safeties in this class..apparently range is his strong suit.

Again, just what I've been hearing. Haven't seen him play.