1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Braylon Broughton - TCU

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by xwalker, Apr 18, 2012.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,291 Messages
    4,835 Likes Received
    Anyone familiar with Braylon Broughton from TCU?

Here are his measureables compared to the top OLB prospects:
    [IMG]
  2. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Sorry, I'm not seeing his numbers.
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Have him ranked as my 245th player, 6-7th round.

His numbers and athletic ability is off the chart but he was never injured and you have to wonder why he only started 5 starts in the last 3 years and was predominately a situation player for TCU.

Ironically while his numbers might suggest an ideal fit as a OLB in a 3-4 he has gotten the most attention from 4-3 teams as a DE.
  4. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Yup. He's at #255 on my board, with the same round grade.
  5. xwalker

12,291 Messages
    4,835 Likes Received
    Thanks, I didn't realize that he only had 5 starts.
  6. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I posted about him about a week ago,

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/mwest/2010-07-13-sw-tcu-broughton_N.htm
    [IMG]

Broughton heads into his junior season at 6-6 and 272 pounds, about 60 more than when he arrived on campus, and considers this a critical juncture in his football career.

"Even though I have two years, I feel like I have to make my mark now," Broughton said. "I want to be a starter. This summer, I'm going to dedicate all my time to football."

Broughton opened spring drills No. 1 at left defensive end, previously Hughes' position. Before practices were done, three other players earned consideration to become the new starter, and a dinged-up Broughton finished No. 3.

Braylon Broughton

Position: OLB

Class: Sr

School: TCU

HT: 6-4.5

WT: 272

40 Time: 4.66

Conference: Big 12

Biography: Started five games as a senior, posting 25 tackles/6 tackles for loss/2 sacks. Junior totals included 11/2/1.

Positives: Athletic yet undeveloped defensive prospect with a high upside. Plays with good quickness, is fluid changing direction and stays on his feet. Easily makes plays in every direction of the field, works his hands to protect himself and plays with good lean. Effective out of a three-point stance or standing up over tackle.

Negatives: Does not play to his 40 time. Lacks balance, on the ground too much and easily blocked from the action. Minimally explosive.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2012/players/69201.html#ixzz1sbul7rVJ
  7. xwalker

12,291 Messages
    4,835 Likes Received
    Joe, thanks for reposting. I didn't see it the 1st time.