1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bray's final game at Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Nov 21, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    08:19 AM ET 11.21 | Tennessee may wind up having to replace more than its head coach in time for the 2013 season. When Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray walks onto the field at Neyland Stadium on Saturday, will it be his last game as a Vol? That same question could be asked of other juniors, like receivers Justin Hunter and Cordarrelle Patterson, who will also have a chance to leave early for the NFL. But for Bray, the question is more intriguing because of the muddled legacy he would leave at Tennessee. "We play Kentucky on Saturday," Bray said to the first of three questions that tried to get a read on his future. "That's all I'm worried about." Could Tennessee's new coach affect his NFL plans? "We've got Kentucky," Bray said. "That's all I'm going to say."

Knoxville News Sentinel

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/350934-brays-final-game-at-tennessee
  2. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    It's likely. Most draft eligibile QBs don't play in a new system in their final year of eligibility. Not when they will be take in rounds 1 or 2.

He'll apply to be evaluated and if he gets atleast a second round grade, he's gone.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,510 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    As a vol fan I hope he leaves, he was terrible vs Vandy. Hunter and Patterson i hope stays. Patterson is a guy I want Dallas to look at in the draft. Guy can do it all.
  4. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Hunter will leave because he'll be a 1st rounder, and Patterson will leave because he won't be academically eligible for a senior year.

Bray may leave. I suspect he will even though he won't be a high pick. Worley and/or Peterman would have to be awful for Bray to win the job back next spring.
  5. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    If the Gruden rumors are true he should stay.
  6. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Patterson is probably a second rounder at this point and I don't want us spending such a high pick on a WR when there are more glaring needs that need addressing. Da'Rick Rogers, another talented Tennessee WR who is no longer with the team could be had a couple of rounds later, imo. If you can deal with his off field stuff, we could probably get a top 2 round talent in the middle rounds. Not saying I want him, but worth thinking about.