1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by juck, Jul 8, 2012.

1. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The book leads nowhere, there is never a final confrontation between Hank and Walt. Hank is left to his suspicions but he can never act on them because initials in a book aren't enough to obtain a warrant or otherwise take any kind of legal action.
  2. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, something like 9 months later.
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,790 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    If you look he spells out his age, 52, on his birthday with bacon... he's only 51 right now... remember he spelled out his age, 51, a few episodes ago...

The first episode in this season hasn't actually taken place yet...
  4. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,561 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I watched all 5 seasons in a matter of about a week so A LOT of facts flew over my head.
  5. trickblue

28,790 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    If he compares the book to Gale's lab notes he'll see they match exactly...

Notice the "G" and "Y"...

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,143 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Whoever really wrote all that has nice printing.
  7. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How does he do that though? He can't just take the book, it would be in inadmissable. If he asks to borrow it, Walt simply declines and says its special to him.

I could see him taking it, Walt noticing it missing and Hank blaming the theft on Marie's kleptomania. But legally, he still wouldn't be able to use it against Walt. He would know the truth and Walt would know that Hank knew, but the book wouldn't be enouh to trigger his downfall.
  8. trickblue

28,790 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    He could ask Skylar... my bet is he takes it anyway...
  9. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    It's enough for him to start going rogue and looking keenly at Walt though.
  10. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    He had it at the coffee shop when the lady gave him the names of Mike's people.
  11. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Start looking keenly at Walt, who is no longer making meth? Going rogue to continue investigating the Fring case sounds like a good way to lose your promotion.

Don't get me wrong, Hank will make all of the connections but he won't be in a position to do anything about it. And if he finds out Skyler is involved, would he even be willing to do anything about it?

I just don't see it. Something is coming for Walt but it's bigger than Hank Schrader.
  12. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Who says he's done making meth? He's shown a complete inability to give it up so far.

There has to be some sort of showdown after the "meth maker and brother in law" dynamic for five seasons. Even if it's just another Walt figures out Hank knows something, and takes care of Hank as he's already shown he's willing to do. And Hank has shown an inability to leave well enough alone, and is already showing signs of hating his promotion anyhow. idk just thinking.
  13. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Walt's "taking care" of people may be over. To me, Walt's full head of hair in the season opener, combined with his "I'm out" statement and the idyllic family-life scene that followed is a signal of the end of the Heisenberg arc. Heisenberg accomplished his goal, now Walt can return.

What is the M16 about, then? I don't know but the writers have rarely been so obvious as to put something like that right in our face and not toy with our expectations.
  14. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    The general theory is that Walt is in some sort of exile based upon the N.H. license plate.

What would make him run? I doubt a fear for his life as he's dealt with those situations multiple times.

The law?

Ultimatum from Hank?

What would make him come back? Revenge? Protect someone? And from whom?
  15. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,565 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Dude, GOOD CALL! I completely forgot about those plates! I bet you they used "the guy" to make them disappear and were found.
  16. trickblue

28,790 Messages
    234 Likes Received