1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by StevenOtero, Apr 13, 2012.

1. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,414 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    Alright, no use in bumping the old there.

Here. We. Go!

"The question of whether AMC will indeed split the final season of Breaking Bad is close to an official verdict.

Emmy-winning series star Bryan Cranston says AMC will break the award-winning drama’s final 16-episode season into two separate runs, as has been speculated for months. “We’re splitting it,” says Cranston, who’s currently shooting the fifth season premiere in New Mexico. “We’re going to shoot the first eight, then take a four-month production break, then the rest will air next year.”

The network has not announced a premiere date for Breaking Bad, though actors on the show say the drama will return in July."

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/06/breaking-bad-final-season-2/
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,910 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    I'm alright with that. They've done everything else right with this show and if they want to do it this way, go for it.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,979 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    I don't see why they HAVE to do it that way, other than to make more money on it. That's the only thing that bothers me. I have no doubt the season will be killer.
  4. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,383 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    The show was good, until this past season. It was like a bunch of filler episodes. He went here, he went there, episode after episode.
  5. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,251 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    How do they make more money that way? They are not adding more episodes. 16 episodes at a time, or two 8 episodes chunks.

The only reason it bothers me is having to wait longer for more episodes. The show is as addictive as the drug it portrays, and I can't wait for another hit.
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,979 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    They get to sell advertising during two different tv periods, they can use the finale to steal viewers from other stations or bolster a period that might be otherwise week for content (such as when Mad Men is off the air, or one of their other money makers).

It's not just about the total number of episodes, just like a company might delay a product lunch till a particular quarter in other to bolster a period they expect to otherwise be a weak earner or a movie may be delayed/pushed up (like Harry Potter) even though its been finished for some time.

Timing is everything. ;)
  7. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There can be no "filler" shows like the FLY episode.
  8. Alumni2k11

Alumni2k11 Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)

1,050 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Just finished season 1. After the first few I almost quit watching. Was wondering why you guys were liking it so much. But now I'm starting to get it, lol.
  9. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,674 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    I don't know what show you were watching but there wasn't much if any filler this past season.
  10. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,979 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Agreed. Last season was one of the best seasons of any tv show I've ever seen.
  11. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,489 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I think there was a writers strike going on that season, which would explain the fillers........if I'm right that is lol
  12. StevenOtero

6,414 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    Yeah, Breaking Bad takes some depth and intelligence to actually understand. It has solidified itself as one of the best shows in TV history.
  13. TheDallasDon

2,489 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Idk........I still have the Wire as the better show, but BreakingBad has another season to beat out The Wire.
  14. StevenOtero

6,414 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    Like I said, one of the best shows in TV history...not the best. There can never be a best....because umm...well TV shows haven't stopped being produced. :D
  15. TheDallasDon

2,489 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I lack good comprehensive reading skills apparently lol......then yes I agree
  16. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,334 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Looking forward to seeing how the final season plays out. Should be awesome.
  17. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,910 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    "Fly" was a great episode, IMO.
  18. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,334 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    One of the things I love about the show is it doesnt need nonstop action to keep you engaged. Just a quality show all around.
  19. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,352 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    spoiler alert if you arent caught up

i love the show but I was really turned off by the way gus died with that stupid fake out. I'm fine let me adjust my tie, oh wait i'm dead. lame

I was glad for the break after that, hopefully they don't add that cheese in the final season
  20. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I thought that was a great scene