1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Breaking Down the Safeties

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by brooksey1, Apr 27, 2012.

1. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Brooks is who we brought in for a visit. I just want someone who is smart enough to understand Ryans defense and get everyone lined up properly. I guess being pretty good at doing his own job wouldnt be a bad thing either. It seemed like last year eveyone looked like they were totally confused about where they were supposed to line up.
  2. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,473 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Post it up, id like to see it. I dont doubt it just cant find the negatives besides the knee which seems like something that he can come back from.
  3. revospeed

revospeed Active Member

574 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    This is from a fan standpoint. From what I saw, I thought he was the third best player in our secondary behind Daytawion Lowe and Justin Gilbert. He could be the best safety on the board, but from what I've seen, he struggles when he has to play center field.
  4. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    i am really hoping for Thorpe in the 6th. Big and great range. Sec startet and former college cb turned safety.
  5. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,699 Messages
    618 Likes Received
    Except he can cover WRs man to man. He hits more like James Washington IMO. Roy was huge and used to run through ballcarriers, Washington was similar size to Martin and was all attitude when he layed the wood.
  6. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,699 Messages
    618 Likes Received
    Hardin definitely has great size, speed, hard hitter and ST demon. He was a CB at OSU, and he was very good playing the press.

Hardin CAN cover. His size is what projects him to safety.

Janzen Jackson on the 3rd day is worth the risk. The guy was a blue chip talent only 2 season ago. No drop off when he went to McNeese State.
  7. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Well-Known Member

676 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    I'll 2nd on Janzen Jackson. Use the 6th on him and hope he grows up. Would be the first Dallas Safety who could cover in ages. CB at McNeese St.