1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Breaking: Lawrence Taylor Indicted For Rape

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by casmith07, Jun 23, 2010.

1. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,388 Messages
    1,731 Likes Received
    From the Associated Press

NEW YORK – Pro football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor has been indicted by a suburban New York grand jury on charges of rape, criminal sexual act and sexual abuse.

The indictment Wednesday comes after his May 6 arrest at a Holiday Inn. Prosecutors say he paid a 16-year-old girl $300 to have sex with him.
    The former New York Giant was also indicted on charges of endangering the welfare of a child and patronizing a prostitute.

Rockland County District Attorney Thomas Zugibe (ZOO'-gih-bee) says the 16-year-old told investigators that she had been verbally threatened and physically assaulted. She said she was brought to the hotel room by a pimp later arrested by New York City police.

Taylor has denied the charges. His attorney did not respond to calls seeking comment.
  2. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    on nfl network now,, rape, abuse etc..
  3. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,044 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    I wonder if they will get him for doing the Coke back in the 80's. :rolleyes:
  4. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Now that he has been indicted, it is a very different ball game.

Even if he beats the charge, he will never fully shake the fact that he was indicted.

It won't be too long before some folks start calling for his bust to be removed from Canton.
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,639 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    I have a feeling this is gonna end in a suicide.
  6. Alumni2k11

Alumni2k11 Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)

1,050 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  7. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,229 Messages
    430 Likes Received
    This won't happen. They can call for the removal all they want but the Hall Of Fame is for what is done on the field. LT has had numerous off the field problems even while he was playing but they won't remove it especially if they haven't removed OJ's. That isn't going to happen either but before they even look at LT, OJ has to be first.
  8. casmith07

26,388 Messages
    1,731 Likes Received
    Then why did it take Michael Irvin so long to get in?

People can say that "it's on the field" stuff all they want, but in reality everyone is human. Nobody is wholly objective in determining anything that has to do with other humans.
  9. mldardy

6,229 Messages
    430 Likes Received
    :confused: Very. The issue isn't about how long it took Michael Irvin so I am not sure what you are talking about. The issue is to remove LT from the Hall for this and that isn't going to happen.
  10. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    He was a Cowboy and there are too many haters on the selection committee.
  11. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Didn't it come out that LT never touched her?
  12. casmith07

26,388 Messages
    1,731 Likes Received
    See Yeagermeister's post for the applicable reasoning why people could and very well might remove him from the HOF. Taylor's already indicted, which is about as close to returning a guilty verdict as you're going to get without yet going to trial. If he's convicted, you really think people, especially fans, are going to stand for a rape/child molestation convict in Canton?

They won't strike his name from record books or anything, but I could easily see his bust getting removed from Canton. Besides that, being indicted in this sort of thing is the worst kind of thing that could ever happen.
  13. mldardy

6,229 Messages
    430 Likes Received
    He's not going to get removed from the Hall. Period.
  14. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I agree. If OJ didn't LT isn't.
  15. casmith07

26,388 Messages
    1,731 Likes Received
    OJ didn't do it! ;)
  16. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I was talking about the memorabilia thing :D
  17. casmith07

26,388 Messages
    1,731 Likes Received
    Yeah but the memorabilia thing is not half as bad as potentially raping a 16-year-old, and not in the statutory way.
  18. mldardy

6,229 Messages
    430 Likes Received
    Give it up already please. He isn't going to be removed from the HOF. I can't believe you are still clinging on to this. I am not condoning LT's potential rape but his case isn't anything close to what OJ did. This dude took out two human beings. OJ is a despicable human being I don't care what you believe.