1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BREAKING NEWS: TO reportedly attempted suicide...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,382 Messages
    1,405 Likes Received
    QB is infinitely more important than a WR.

YAKUZA
  2. Dallas22

Dallas22 New Member

418 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Your opinion... not my opinion

GO COWBOYS!!!

Dallas22
  3. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Yay religion in a football forum.

Get over yourselves.
  4. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    what part can ur illiterate _ _ _ can't read .....?

This seems to be a nonsensical sentence, but I'll withold final judgement until you fill in the blanks and I can tell if that somehow salvages it to the point of being coherent.

With some puncuation there may be SOME chance of making a point or completing a thought, but I doubt it.
  5. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    the other day i just made a political joke in a reference form and it was deleted. hopefully this will hold true for the rest and they'll delete that crap also.
  6. JVita17

JVita17 Benched

1,340 Messages
    0 Likes Received

lol what this TO thing has spun into
  7. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,505 Messages
    409 Likes Received

Quarter back is the field general, the leader of the Offense it is different than WR which can be replaced except with possibly slightly less production.

Not a good argument, New England would have still a chance for those SuperBowls, NE had a great all around team, defense, offense and Coaching staff, not just a great QB.
  8. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,382 Messages
    1,405 Likes Received
    Tough day for the admins, trying to delete posts that are popping up every 10 seconds.

YAKUZA
  9. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Answer:

These guys threw snowballs at Santa and have had a Judge and Cells in their stadium.

What is a little thing like heckling someone over their personal life to these guys? I mean Cowboys "fans" are doing it right now.
  10. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Who cares? They were gonna heckle him anyway.
  11. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    SO an Rn from the area just clarified what my wife told me.

A guy named mike called norm and he is an RN in a Dallas hospital.

IF he is stable he can get an opc, a court order signed by the doctor to leave, but for 72 hours he would be under care of some kind, and the guy named mike told norm he would go to a psyche center normally.

I think where some are confused and norm cleared this up, released from the hospital is different from released out on the street, he would be released under some sort of care whether it is in another facility or in home....the guy on the radio said he could have some kind of constable with him...

Crazy stuff today.

Now a guy just called norm and said he tried this himself five years ago and was stable and then sent home...so who knows.
  12. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Agreed. My response was downright crotchety. And I also agree that we should stick to the football so I'm done, too.
  13. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    he can't read or comprehend things either. since this started i've been on TO's side (god that hurts) simply because we don't know. people baking TO now are the same fools who baked irvin for the gun to the head/rape episode.

some people learn from doing stupid things, many just keep doing them.
  14. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    It's a busy morning for the great mods.

I've had quite a few posts deleted in response to people of less than normal intelligence. :eek::

I'll let it slide. :D
  15. avngersprt99

avngersprt99 New Member

14 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    not at all...
  16. JVita17

JVita17 Benched

1,340 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    dont call these gus cowboys fan they are not cowboys fans they are animals, putting this season over his life cant say im suprised tho, but man if he is really depressed can you belive whats going to happen to him after that game even if he doesnt play?!?!
  17. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    no lie - how do you "mod" this mess? : ) fyi - my comment was not an admin slam, just that they try to keep things on topic and not let it stray to "badlands".
  18. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    yep - i'm drifting to slide mode. they're doing the best they can with this and a vast majority of us (myself included) needs to go take a break.
  19. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    :hammer:

IMO, that's the ONLY reasonable way to deal with this right now. We simply don't know enough. And I suspect we WON'T know enough for a while.
  20. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Latest from Norm..

Interviewed the reporter who broke the story...

How did you get the info?
    I cover the DPD on a daily basis and have a lot of sources.

Is this now shut down tight?
    Yes, as far as the fire and rescue and PD. They often do respond to attempted suicides, and at this point there is no criminal investigation and they're done with it. The Fire Dept. just held a conference and said its their protocol to call police in an attempted suicide. For privacy reasons they can't release information. We've obtained a copy of the police report because it is public record.

The identity of the woman with hm?
    I know the identity of the woman, but I cant release information on her until I talk to more sources and clear it with my editors. I want to talk to her.

What has been the reaction to you personally?
    Its amazing. I have a lot of people telling me its an important story that needs to be covered, and I've been called really nasty names by Cowboy fans. Perhaps they want to take their anger out on someone. But I'm a journalist and have a tough skin.

Was this at his home?
    All we have is the address. We don't know if this is his home residence.

ER Nurse called in...

The first step in this is to physically stabalize the patient. Then the physciatrist is called in for an evaluation. If they deem the patient to be a danger to himself or others a judge's clearance is needed to keep them for 72 hour observation.

Could he be released in 10-12 hours?
    Its highly unlikely. Just to get him medically stable in 10 hours is unlikely.