1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Breaking out Dez Bryant:Jerry says he is more dedicated, Jason says he has matured...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 3, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,081 Messages
    5,594 Likes Received
    Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant continued his amazing play against the Eagles with six catches for 98 yards and touchdowns of 35 and six yards.

“I think that Dez in his every where is just being more dedicated,” owner Jerry Jone said. “Not (just) more dedicated, but he's being noticeably dedicated, noticeably committed if you want to compare it to months ago or at least two years ago. Its showing. It's showing on and off the field for him.”

Coach Jason Garrett said the same thing.

“Dez has grown before our eyes,” Garrett said. “He has become a consistent player. He has been making a lot of plays for us week in and week out.”

But regarding where the time has come to include him among the best receivers in the game, Bryant showed the maturity Jones and Garrett were talking about: "Come back and ask me at the end of the season."

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-says-he-has-matured-dez-says-just-wait-.html
  2. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    We need this another four games. It's his time.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,194 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    I wonder what, if anything, has changed schematically to help Dez....or if a light just happened to go on.

Dez is an absolute monster. I hope the "we need to trade him" crowd has given up on that noise.
  4. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,908 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    :pray:

I hope he continues to make good decisions off the field.
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    They are just waiting for an average game again.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,074 Messages
    2,861 Likes Received
    It really does look as if Dez has finally got to the point that his mental ability has caught up to his physical ability. I never had a doubt about Dez physical skills the kid can play at a very high level but the NFL is not college you need the mental ability in this league and it is looking as if his understanding of the offense and understanding of defensive converges has arrived. If this is the case then he has a chance to be one of the top WR in this league.
  7. RastaRocket

5,908 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    Only thing I'm concerned about now is the offseason. He has still yet to prove he can go an entire offseason without some form of trouble or negative press. Has he matured enough to keep in line without football to occupy all of his time? I hope so.
  8. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,334 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Seems like the game is starting to slow down a bit for him. Early on it seemed like he was pressing to make a huge play every time he touched the ball, now it looks like he is playing more relaxed and letting the game come to him.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,074 Messages
    2,861 Likes Received
    Frankly outside of the incident at home with his mom the other things have been way over blown. I hope he uses better judgment but when you look at things that have happened I don't see them as big deals.
  10. RastaRocket

5,908 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    I agree, but they are stories that show immaturity.
  11. Richmond Cowboy

Richmond Cowboy Well-Known Member

1,222 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    I just wish his fingers would have been in. Damn, that would have been season changing.
  12. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,266 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    :(...
  13. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,910 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    Ugh. That makes me sad.
  14. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    Funny howquiet Pearson is being lately.
  15. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Active Member

2,405 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Ha, indeed.
  16. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,880 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Both touchdowns were impressive, but the six yard one was one of sheer dominance. Rodgers-Cromartie was beaten as soon as Dez made his move. He probabaly could have just run over him, but either way, Dez is just too big and strong in that situation.
  17. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,194 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    I'd be shocked if another team plays off of him inside the 10 for the rest of his career. I don't know if there's a corner in the league that can tackle him one-on-one.
  18. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Even 1v2 he'll still break the tackle. Don't see many receivers who can do that.
  19. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,329 Messages
    832 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  20. egn22

egn22 Active Member

839 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    what happened to the guy that was on here claiming that Dez was a possession WR? LOL