1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brian Waters impact will be five-fold

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Sep 13, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,144 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    I only care about one fold. That would be he is an improvement from trotting Berny out there again.
  2. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

565 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    I'm just excited about the impact it could have on the run game. We'll know Sunday. If Murray has lanes, it makes the defenses have to actually THINK how they're going to play us. Last time a defense had to care if we ran was when Marion Barber was having his blow up a defense year. Tony threw 36 TD's and we made the playoffs. Just saying, it's a lot harder to play a team that has weapons from every angle. Maybe we can actually BE what is on paper. We shall see.
    cowboys1981 and Carharris2 like this.
  3. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,863 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    really!!! timing is not a concern? when to get to a spot in a zone blocking scheme, picking up the right player, having the quickness to get out of the stance and into the block, none of that stuff matters. you can just have a semi-retired player come off the street and bang, we got instant cohesion and instant results. like microwave popcorn.... you do understand this is football?
  4. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

718 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Lets see how it goes this week, Rams have a good DLine, if we can control the LOS against them I'll feel a lot more confident
  5. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,459 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    i don't know that he can be what he was. but i think he can be better than bernie. i also think he will help with the young oline guys alot. more importantly it gets us a set line to work together and hopefully improve as the season goes on
  6. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,013 Messages
    492 Likes Received
    He may be better than Mack Bernadeau but he still isn't faring well as a run blocker as yet. Perhaps he'll come around in a month or so but will it be a bit too late by then? Stay tuned. His pass blocking has been good. At least that's one out of two.
  7. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    I think this week Waters will make a big impact on the game.