1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brian Waters is a strong man

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nirvana, Sep 13, 2013.

1. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Lol, why is there always one of these guys?

"The History of my bench press - By Don Corleone"
    theogt likes this.
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,773 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    5-6 reps of low 400s?

Seems like a lot to me.
  3. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,180 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Bench press is not the best way to determine someone's strength.
    Rhubarb likes this.
  4. 4lifecowboy

4lifecowboy Active Member

819 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    Bench Pressing is over rated. My cousin and I would work out together at the gym, he is 5'11" 185lbs and would work out with 315, while I'm 6'1" 210 I would work with 225. When we got on the court I would over power him easily. I've seen him press in the low 400, that still don't translate to athletic strength. Too much emphasis on what works out with. I don't recall the tweet stating what he maxed.
    Kaiser likes this.
  5. wsmit058

wsmit058 Member

39 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I want to see how explosive this guy looks when the ball is hiked and what kind of leverage he is getting when it's time to block; and trust me people, these kind of skills can not be determined or measured by a measly bench press. Stamina will be a big question too.
  6. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,597 Messages
    3,338 Likes Received
    If you multiply his 40 by 3.74 then divide his max bench-warm up bench/max bench into that product then multiply that by the universal football constant you get a good idea how strong he is.
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,855 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    Waters could curl you with one arm. Sit down and be quiet.
  8. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    While I agree a guy his size should be putting up more weight, it's not just about his bench. How much does he squat? How much does he deadlift?
    As someone who lifts, you should know bench alone isn't a true measurement of strength.
    Rhubarb likes this.
  9. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,314 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    I don't have those measurables to go by on him. However, I do agree that there are other factors that determine one's strength. If he benched over 500 with a handful of reps, I would be impressed, and I would expect his squat to be even higher with that kind of frame.
  10. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,314 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    And he can curl you with his pinky. So what's your point? He gets PAID to lift weights and block. I have desk job and get paid for my brain.
  11. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I don't think I have read anything like that. I have read some serious concerns that at his age a year layoff is going to be hard to come back from.
  12. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Never trust a guy that tells a coach "put this weight on my bar" lol, I guess that comes with the territory.
  13. sheeptoslaughter

sheeptoslaughter New Member

1 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    500 lbs raw for reps? That would make make him one the strongest raw benchers on the planet, particularly outside of the powerlifting community. Do you even lift bro?
    funkytown, JBell523 and Wheeltax like this.
  14. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,321 Messages
    622 Likes Received
    Exactly. The guy didn't say that was his max, he said he was doing reps. Throwing around that kind of weight multiple times IS a very good sign he that is very strong. I know some guy's brother's friend knows a guy at his gym that warms up with 400lbs, but I'm still impressed.
  15. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,855 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    Oh, you're not a professional bodybuilder? I had no idea.
  16. ThevTurtle

ThevTurtle New Member

8 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thats it? My uncles cousins brother did more than that when he was waking up and he was on the couch for 19 MONTHS! Get this guy out of here we need Arkin to develop over this cupcake :rolleyes:
  17. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,489 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    Hilarious thread. Professional football players, including some of the strongest on this team are impressed by the guy's strength. Tells me all I need to know. Sean Lee described it as "casually put up 5 to 6 reps in the low 400's." I bet his max bench is a lot closer to mind blowing than anyone here. I heard one rumor about it, but I'm not going to share it here.
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,802 Messages
    7,167 Likes Received
    Players don't max lift during the season. They do all their heavy lifting in the offseason.
    Rhubarb likes this.
  19. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,489 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    100% correct.
    superpunk likes this.
  20. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Waters is a big upgrade over Bernadeau , even if Waters doesn't practice once and comes straight off the couch.