1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Brian Waters on Miles Austin's breakout game in KC

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 12, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,231 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 4m
    Brian Waters on playing for KC in 2009 during Miles Austin's breakout game: "I (recently) told (Miles) we didn't have a clue who you were."
    Brian Waters on Miles' 2009 game in KC: "We were all looking at each other like, ‘Who in the world is 19?’ We had no idea who this guy is."
    Waters on Miles' game in KC: "He hit us for 250 and 11 catches. I hope he has that type of day again. I hope Im on the right side of that 1"
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    It was awesome being there and being witness to Miles coming out party. Love to see that again Sunday. I would probably lose my voice all over again.
    brymatt94 likes this.
  3. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,594 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Austin is such a beast, I hate that it seems everyone wants to get rid of him as if great WRs are so easy to find. I'd be shocked if Williams shows he is ready for #2 spot this year
  4. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,418 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    That day was awesome. Hope Sunday is just as good, though a little less stressful would be welcome. What section you going to be in?
  5. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I hope memories of his 250 yard game make them play a little looser on Dez then the Giants just did.

Dez or Bryant can easily have another game of that magnitude.
    Muhast likes this.
  6. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,182 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Austin has to stay healthy.

Since that game..he has only had a hand full of games were he has contributed to any wins.

We will see.
  7. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    I think there was a lot of Cowboys fans wondering who he was that day.
  8. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,470 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    Huh? Miles was a monster that entire season after the KC game, and he hasn't exactly been chopped liver in the years since. You're underrating him.
    brymatt94 and Boyzmamacita like this.
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,946 Messages
    1,390 Likes Received
    I'd love to see Miles get another huge day like that in KC.
  10. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,518 Messages
    1,727 Likes Received
    Miles was on fire that day. His RAC was unbelievable. Do any of you remember the two touchdowns he dropped? That's right. His statline could've been even better. Of course if he had caught them there would've been no overtime heroics. I'm happy with the way it ended up. One of the most exciting regular season wins in Cowboys history.
  11. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,933 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I think it just might be Dez who has that kind of game this weekend.
  12. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,462 Messages
    6,029 Likes Received
    are you going? how many cowboys fans expected?
  13. big dog cowboy

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this game as planned.
  14. big dog cowboy

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    4 years ago the stadium was 40% or more Cowboy fans.
  15. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,418 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    40% plus I'd say. You can still get tickets to most Chiefs games this year, so the fan base hasn't bought into the hype yet. In fact you can still get tickets to their club level for the Dallas game. There will be lots of blue.
  16. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,231 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    Current Cowboys had KC view of '09 Austin
    As Todd Haley walked to his car outside Arrowhead Stadium on Oct. 11, 2009, he kept saying the same thing.

“I told them all about Miles,” Haley said.

“(Haley) talked about him all week as far as a guy with an incredible motor and a work ethic like none other,” said Brandon Carr, Austin’s current teammate and a starting cornerback for the Chiefs that day. “He came and showed up and validated everything that coach told us that week and put on a good show.”

Said Carr, “Miles got his name from 2009, that performance. We heard a lot about him going into that week. He showed up and took over the game. That’s those games that kind of spark players' careers, and that was a catalyst for him to get to where he is right now.”

More: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...rrent-cowboys-had-chiefs-view-of-austin-in-09