1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bridgwater terrible Pro day and...falls....

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by btcutter, Mar 17, 2014.

1. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,644 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    to 16.......

What's the Cowboys gonna do? Once upon a time a top 3 pick and now..........

Pick him and thank the good Lord for our eventual Romo replacement? Pray of a team that wants him as Cleveland did? or just pick another player?

If our front office have him rated in the top 10 then I would just hand in my card and groom this young man to be succesor to Romo in 2 yrs.
    CowboyFan74 likes this.
  2. btcutter

2,644 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    Ok, I'm shocked no one want Teddy given how many people have already given up on Romo.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,577 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    If Bridgewater were available at 16?

He's my pick. No doubt. Franchise QB at 16, can't pass it up, and I think he's the best of this bunch
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,278 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    Best of this bunch and franchise QB aren't the same thing.
    Manster74 likes this.
  5. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,376 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    I dont know why people are all of a sudden down on him,i have seen him play and he is looks like a franchise QB to me.maybe people think he is very slight and cant take too many hits but Romo is not big either.
  6. btcutter

2,644 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    True. But can he be a franchise type QB? Mayock said very average pro day at best. Many scouts were disappointed.
    He has been a starter with good completion % and good TD to INT ratio. Can he be groomed into Romo succesor? Do we pass because we still have Romo?

Thinking Aaron Rogers.
  7. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,668 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    We pass because he's not woth drafting in the first. Just because qb's traditionally drafted high doesn't mean this class is worth it. I saw brig\dgewater play and I saw Bortles play. Of the two Bortles passes the average fan eyeball test way better. I was NOT impressed with Bridgewater at all.
    Carharris2 and dwight like this.
  8. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,278 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    I'm not down on him because of his pro-day. I was never up on him or any of the projected top QBs in this draft. I wouldn't want any of these guys in the first round. It would be great to draft a QB this draft, but there isn't one worth a first rounder in my opinion.
    GroundUp and Future like this.
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,944 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    I just looked at the film of his pro day and there are some RED FLAGS ... However at 16 I'd take him without blinking because he wouldn't have to start for another 2 or 3 years, that's plenty of time to work on those flaws/weaknesses.
  10. btcutter

2,644 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    Such as ?

I watched some of his "highlights" taking it in with grain of salt. Can make all the throws and not afraid of pressure. I do see him shuffle his feet unnecessarily. But footwork can be taught and corrected.
  11. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

2,944 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    I don't even see how a quarterback can have a bad pro day. I would think of all positions, QB would be most tape study heavy. I generally wouldn't put any stock in a QB's pro day whatsoever unless he showed up horribly overweight.
  12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,811 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    Just so happens Broaddus says the Cowboys had scouts there, maybe they were looking at Pryor. All I can say is go back and look at the Sugar Bowl one year ago. Torched Florida's defense, one of the best in the country. Trouble is I tink JFB is Jerry's boy.
  13. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

664 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    Pipe dream. He is going in the top 6 for sure.
  14. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,232 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    He has bust written all over him.
  15. btcutter

2,644 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    care to share your observations to back that up?
  16. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

570 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Come on man, everybody cant be a bust because your in love with Romo. Think back when Romo was an udfa did you think much of him then? Any qb need time and a team to win.
  17. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,232 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    lol ur barking up the wrong tree. Im not a Romo fan. Id rather have Manziel, Bortles and Carr over Teddy
  18. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    He's not making it past the Vikings and hes still a better prospect than Manziel and Carr.
    CowboysYanksLakers likes this.
  19. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

779 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    I have my fingers crossed! Rumor is his agent got him to tank it so he doesnt go to a crappy team. Makes sense when you see crappy teams typically ruining new QB's careers.
  20. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

779 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    Youd rather have everyone else over the best QB in the draft???? Not very bright.
    CowboysYanksLakers and casmith07 like this.