1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Brief media notes: Cowboys viewership down about 10 percent from last season

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Jan 11, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    Where are the people that wanted to argue this point now?
  3. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,790 Messages
    1,416 Likes Received
    Do you know the particulars of the TV contracts? In order for this to matter a TV contract needs to be short of expiring.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-12-14/sports/35285272_1_night-games-new-tv-deals-nfl-network

Here is an article talking about how the 3 major networks carrying the NFL signed a 9 year deal. So maybe your hopes that this will effect Jones will matter around 2018.

That is also local viewership. It's called America's team because of the national audience.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    It shows waning fan interest and there is no denying that. What else is there to say about it. That is what happens after almost two decades of irrelevence. I'll guarentee you it got Jerry's attention.
  5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,296 Messages
    2,030 Likes Received
    This is all true, but you better believe that the organization pays attention to this. If local ratings are dropping, it shows that there is less interest in the team.

Less interest in the team means less interest in attending games, less interest in buying merchandise, ect....

If you dont think NFL teams pay attention to any of this, you are wrong.
  6. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,604 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    10% in one year is a big drop.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,906 Messages
    4,738 Likes Received
    This is DFW viewership, tv only, right? I wouldn't say it's indicative of anything, necessarily.

I know, nationally, Dallas played in the most-watched game for each of the four major networks. That's pretty impressive.
  8. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,777 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    everyone is just watching streams and *****ing about adds these days. lol.

full screen to disable adds ftw!
  9. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,394 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    A few years ago I would find a way to watch every game. It was the priority of every weekend in the autumn/winter.

This last season I probably missed watching at least six or seven Cowboy games and was fine just watching highlights. Jerry and his nonsense is sucking me dry. My passion as a Cowboy fan is bleeding away. I've enjoyed watching these playoff games more than I enjoyed the Cowboys games in '12.
  10. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,228 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    That's just in the DFW area. Not nation wide.
  11. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,228 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    That's what I get for not reading the whole thread.
  12. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,810 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    Playing the NFC South and AFC North doesn't help. Not a lot of very intriguing matchups there. Coupled with the fact that the whole division sucked and they played at Seattle early, I'm not surprised.
  13. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great post, beast.
  14. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,962 Messages
    628 Likes Received
    Who cares....this is good news. It's getting rid of the bandwagon cry baby fans

Seal all the cracks, and kill all the rats.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    It is only good news if the right changes are made.
  16. mmillman

mmillman Active Member

2,146 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    There is a younger generation that has never known Dallas to be a winning franchise. It has been that long.

I have said for a few years now that the fans vote with their wallets and eyeballs. It is the only thing that will get Jerruh to finally hire an actual professional GM. Not some oil guy playing fantasy football.

I have been a Dallas fan for a long, long time but the way the franchise is ran is depressing.
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    Yep and they have an attention span of about 3 minutes tops.
  18. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,648 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Need more sizzle...this will make Jerry draft a WR or something. Maybe trade for Randy Moss and do a going away tour complete with special $39.99 T-shirts and matching Victoria Secret Bra.

Trust Jerry, he's working hard for the team.
  19. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,174 Messages
    3,159 Likes Received
    Let's stop with the personal attacks and back and forth banter. Stay on topic please.