1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bring back Sparano as OC next season

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by reddyuta, Dec 25, 2012.

1. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,168 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Its not all sopranos fault, the Jets have no talent on offense at all. With that said I wouldn't bring him in, would much rather have Norv.
  2. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,391 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    I would rather have Norv, Cameron or Wisenhunt.

YR
  3. coyboy

coyboy Member

113 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No thanks.

I'd take Norv first.
  4. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,482 Messages
    711 Likes Received
    Callahan is a West Coast guy. We are not running a West Coast offense. We are running the Air Coryell style that Garrett has always used that he picked up from Norv Turner. Callahan is OC in title only. He is more just a glorified offensive line coach.
  5. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,921 Messages
    2,120 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  6. CM Duck

CM Duck I'm breaking the 4th wall...

1,010 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Give me a better O-line AND Norv Turner as OC along with a healthy defense and we are golden
  7. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,159 Messages
    1,934 Likes Received
    I don't want Sparano.

I don't want Norv Turner.

I don't want any ex coaching re-treads IF Jason hires a OC.
  8. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,771 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    So who would you want?
  9. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,159 Messages
    1,934 Likes Received
    No idea. If they choose to go with an outside OC I'd rather go with someone with fresh ideas and a different perspective.

Maybe a Sean Payton or Mike McCarthy disciple? Just throwing it out there.
  10. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,565 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    And how did he do a year later with the same roster plus another draft - he went 6-10. The 10-6 season was mostly good luck and a cupcake schedule. We were absoutely destroyed on defense the next year and Julius Jones won 3 of those 6 games almost singlehandedly. We were 4-10 outside of two victories against a hapless Skins team that couldn`t beat us for a long time under Campo and Parcells.

BP wasn`t a great coach when he came here. He was just another old man who needed money after a divorce. He found some good players for us in 2 of his 4 drafts and then quit at the last moment in 2007.
  11. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,617 Messages
    2,510 Likes Received
    The current defense is not better than the 2003 defense. If you cannot grasp that then that just speaks further of your acumen.

As great as Carr, Claiborne, Spencer and Ware are, they are the only people on this defense.

Compare that to prime Roy Williams, Darren Woodson, prime Terrence Newman, Dat Ngyuen, Dexter Coakley, Greg Ellis, LaRoi Glover and the one year that Willie Blade played well.

The offensive line had Allen, Adams, Gurode and a roided up Matt Lehr. That allowed them to run a ball control offense and stout defense.

This current team cannot control the ball like that team could. Not even close and the coverage over the middle of the field was elite as opposed to what we have no which is some of the worst I have ever seen.

Sure coaching makes a difference but you can only do so much with Peprah Frampton, Poppinga, Moore, Sims, Conner, etc. Parcells had to coverup for Edwards. Ryan has to deal with half of his starters being out.
  12. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,149 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Much rather have Norv Turner running the offense, sorry.
  13. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,979 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    why? does his Offense in Miami or NY give you the confidence that he is a top notch OC? what has he done in the past 5 years to show he deserves a shot? oh yeah, I forgot, the one season that Garrett and Sparano were together we had the #2 offense so the rest of his resume be damned, that one season means everything!!!!