1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bringing kids to the game?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TTexasTT, Dec 22, 2012.

1. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Do any of you guys bring your young kids to the games?
    What age would you think they would start to really enjoy it? Is there ever any concern for their safety? Are there ever any fans that you consider to be too vulgar?
    Say, would you bring your 4 year old daughter? Is there better sections suited for this type crowd?
  2. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    At this stadium?

Fans of every age are safe here.

Nothing to worry about except the constant trips to the restroom.
  3. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Safety is a non-issue. There is the occasional obscene fan, a scuffle here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary. The good thing is that when anything happens, security is there to take care of it within minutes.
  4. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,973 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Ya Jerry world is kid friendly, this isn't Oakland.
  5. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Thanks guys
  6. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

658 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I went to the Philly-Dallas game Monday night at Texas stadium when McNabb had that unbelievable play where he ran all over the field and then threw a touchdown. After that game there was no way I was ever going to take my kids to a game. There were 3 fights in my section alone....man was that a good time, except for the loss that is.
  7. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,973 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Philly fans just bring the crap. I remember when I was a kid my dad took me to a Philly/Dallas playoff game in Texas stadium. We ended up sitting right next to Philly fans. They were obnoxious the whole time. We were sitting right at the ledge of the second level and I remember them dumping their beer over the ledge onto the Cowboy fans below, and throwing popcorn on them I believe.
  8. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    My son will be 11 in jan and he's been going since he was 18 months. He's. Been to about 5 games. I took him to a philly game at texas stadium and that was a mistake but the others was just fine. He loves the new stadium
  9. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,450 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    I honestly think that until about age 10 or so it is a waste of money. Your kid will be safe at any age in the stadium, especially the new stadium, as the fans aren't unruly. But when the fans get to yelling really loud it can sometimes scare a younger kid or hurt their ears. it doesn't bother adults because we are half deaf already.

I took my son who was about maybe 5 at the time and I knew I was in trouble when it was the kickoff and my son asked me if it was time to go yet. When he got home his mom asked him what part of the game he liked best and he told her wrestling with dad in the hotel room. LOL.

You guys have to remember how kids look at things .... they definitely see the world differently than we do.
  10. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,008 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    LOL! The only NFL games I've been to were Raiders games(In Oakland and L.A.). I won't judge the rest of the NFL based on those
  11. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,008 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    To be fair though to Oakland, going to A's games used to be considered much more family friendly than going to Giants games at Candlestick Park. I'm not sure if that still holds true after the Giants moved to their new stadium. Still, I would never have taken my kids to a Raiders game. From everything I've heard Cowboys games are nothing like those, but Cowboys Stadium itself may be overwhelming.
  12. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    As it should.