1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Britain's 'least wanted' blacklist published

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by peplaw06, May 5, 2009.

1. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,610 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090505/wl_uk_afp/britainimmigrationmideastrussiasexualityneonazi
  2. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Michael Savage is on this list? hahahahahahaha.
  3. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Why is Robert Byrd not on the list?

Wiki:

Byrd joined the Ku Klux Klan when he was 24 in 1942. His local chapter unanimously elected him Exalted Cyclops.[6]

According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did."[6] Byrd held the titles Kleagle (recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops.[6]

In 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore Bilbo:[9]

“ I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds. ”
    — Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944,
  4. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,567 Messages
    1,660 Likes Received
    This mirrors tolerance as practiced by the American Left.:D
  5. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,320 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    without knowing anything about who the guy is other than your two quotes i would say the main reason he isn't on the list is that he hasn't tried to come into the country?
  6. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Long time Senator from VW.
  7. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,610 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    Kinda what I was thinking... :)

Is Michael Savage a frequenter of the UK...? Does he have like tons of speaking engagements over there or something? Serious question, because I have no idea. I suppose I could see some of these other guys, although I think a blacklist on public speakers who cannot enter the country is ridiculous.
  8. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,320 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    i agree that its going a bit far denying people entry into the country because of their political beliefs. i suppose its a slippery slope they started down when they started deporting extremist muslim clerics but its all a bit big brotheresque for my liking yes. from the way its being reported here its a list of people who have been refused entry into the country since october. i don't know who michael savage is but if he's on that list then it would suggest he tried to come over here yes.
  9. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,635 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    I didn't realize Volkswagen was represented in the U.S. Senate :D

(Sorry about that... 99% of the time I ignore typos because Lord knows I make enough of my own, but I found this one gave me a chuckle so I couldn't resist :D).
  10. xWraithx

xWraithx Benched

3,449 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    wow... what a piece of ****.
  11. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,567 Messages
    1,660 Likes Received
    In addition to curtailing free speech, the British government is also mishandling the entire situation.

Bigotry and bigots should be kept out in plain sight. They shouldn't be forcibly silenced; this only grants them what they're seeking -- martyrdom and credibility.

Consider the KKK in America. We make no attempt to censure them. They have rallies, demonstrations, marches, and appearances on the Jerry Springer Show. And they're objects of scorn and ridicule. Whenever they speak, we laugh. And the louder they speak, the louder we laugh.

It's healthier to keep bigotry out in the open. Don't let it fester behind a wall of forced silence.
  12. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    My bad...

but Chrysler and GM are a different story. They appear to be a wing of the Executive branch.;)
  13. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,320 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    spot on but i don't expect any better from our government to be honest
  14. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    If the cowards who let London become Londonistan ban you,you must be doing something right.
  15. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,744 Messages
    2,778 Likes Received
    Just because london does something stupid like that...does not mean the people on that list are doing something right...unless you think Fred Phelps and his clan are doing something right.
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,118 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    Just plain dumb anyway you look at it.
  17. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,271 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    That is the whole point of free speech, Brain. You might not like what they have to say but they are entitled to say it.
  18. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm astonished the headline wasn't scrubbed in favour of something a might less offensive...
  19. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,610 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    I was going to mention something about the right to free speech, because it's such an everyday thing here we don't even think about it. But with it being in the UK, I wasn't sure if they had that right. Although I'm betting our 1st Amendment came from something they had in place, I wasn't sure and didn't want to speak out of turn. Daschoo... does Britain have a right to free speech?
  20. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,004 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    NO guarantee of free speech in Britain. No constitution. Just check up on what they did with anyone supporting the IRA. It became illegal to do so, and anyone could be cut off immediately from radio, tv, etc, for even starting to talk about it. It requires some legal framework, but there is not a guarantee of it there.