1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Broaddus keeps mentioning Chris Smith FWIW

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, May 10, 2014.

1. proscout

proscout Active Member

111 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Thats not happening. I have tried before to interact with fans on this site but many of them really don't care or are too stupid to understand how I am trying to lend some insight to really what is going on. I put my name out there each day while most of you hide behind a keyboard and lob insults in my direction. You don't have to like my stories or my views but when its personnel attacks then I am going to fight back.
  2. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,703 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received
    Well Bryan, many of the folks that take it to a personal level (and as moderators we do try to put the brakes on much of that) are jealous from the standpoint that they would like to be as close to the action as you are– They can't and they make it personal, which is unfortunate, but consider it for what it is and no more.

The silent majority appreciates your input. We might not always agree with your takes, and that's OK too, but we'll keep in respectful if we do not.

Also if you think someone has crossed the line with a post, simply report it and we'll deal with it.
  3. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

530 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    Yeah keep posting, Bryan.

Your write-ups and articles have been quick ways that I stayed informed on what's actually going on on the field. That, and Talkin' Cowboys is actually watchable now that their is an opinion on there other than the company line.

Not everyone is going to agree with you but that comes with the territory. It would be good to see your opinions here more if you had the time.
    Pottsville Maroons likes this.
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    I appreciate your input!

As MW said, there are a lot of knuckleheads -- and knuckle draggers for that matter :D -- on this site but you shouldn't take them seriously. After all, your the ex-pro scout! And the fact that you do put your opinion out there every day is pretty gutsy.

I like reading your reports in my Star magazine because you speak from a position of knowledge yet you are unafraid to tow the company line unlike some of your Star colleagues. Keep it up, proscout!
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,314 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    It is not the silent majority in this thread.

This thread shows clearly that most people defend him over the other user's take.
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  6. Zimmy Lives

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    Correction for Post #24:

I meant to say: unafraid to NOT tow the company line.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

61,314 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    I love it when he gets tired of mickeys stubbornness on a topic and you see him basically say...just move on, because you know he is just not going to get into trying to move a set stone.
  8. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received

What was tweeted I'll have to not really speak on because I haven't used twitter since last football season and I don't even have it on my phone anymore.

I can say that once again I'm not seeing what you saw and I didn't hear what you heard. Again he said that we could potentially move up and it would be probably for Barr if we did but he was pretty clear on all the pre-draft shows they did for Dallas Cowboys.com that he believed Dallas would stay at 16 and pick their guy that was still on the board there.

In fact that's where I first heard about Martin because he was the first one to start talking about how he could be a very real possibility for pick #16. So I don't know how you could have listened to his pre-draft shows and never heard him talk about how Martin was a very real possibility.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

61,314 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    Sometimes people hear, read and remember what they want to hear, read or remember even when it is not always what was actually said, wrote or ever happened.

I have seen that happen a good number of times when someone will bring up a point he said in one of the draft shows that I know he did not say or was said in a way that was completely opposite of how someone reported it.
    BraveHeartFan likes this.
  10. Zimmy Lives

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    The Mickeroo has always been a beat down but I do admire his stubbornness as a company mouthpiece. BB's take on things in the Star is refreshing.
  11. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

2,426 Messages
    969 Likes Received
    +well joey what say you
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,572 Messages
    2,434 Likes Received
    It's the most discouraging part of this site to me, by far.

People who really have no clue are so quick insult others that have been around the game and accumulated knowledge their entire lives.
    The same goes for how they dog some of the players too...as if they are not perfect on purpose.

Yet, I stick around anyway. So, at least that part is on me.
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,019 Messages
    7,761 Likes Received
    The anonymity of the internet lets people behave poorly with little consequence. It stinks, but as Jason says, it comes with the dinner, right?
  14. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,538 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    I would hope you don’t allow the few fans who don't appreciate your efforts deprive the many who does appreciate your work. Myself like many fans who reside outside of the DFW area look forward to this site for all news Cowboys.
  15. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received

Yep. The internet tough guy syndrome. It's pretty hilarious actually.
    Manwiththeplan likes this.
  16. egn22

egn22 Well-Known Member

878 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    Hell yea!! I had no idea you were on this site, I'm a big fan. Please keep posting, it's much appreciated.
    And please light up Mickey again when he starts acting as if Garrett is not a part of the problem!
  17. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,216 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Go to one of the Romo sucks threads in the FanZone if you want to see a congregation of stupid. The little Romo sucks gallery can't even tie their own shoes much less discuss football. I'd imagine the people lobbing insults at you would be from that very same group or our handful of members who have the all 22 films and have declared themselves professional scouts. You need not worry about them...nobody cares what they think anyways. Thanks for your contribution, love reading your stuff and I understand that all of our crystal balls get hazy sometimes.
    JDSTAR and DFWJC like this.
  18. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,420 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    I imagine Broaddus in a Snuggie on a Friday night, eating a tub of Ben & Jerry's, reading all these cheerful comments.
  19. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,703 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received
    Well Joey many here do appreciate the information he shares. We're not looking to bust his balls if he's wrong (which everyone is at some point if they're ballsy enough to make a prediction).
    SilverStarCowboy likes this.
  20. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,507 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    it's my Honor to post on the same forum as real Cowboys information abides .. an instant tradition of a wing man, please continue to post for the real fans!