1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Broaddus: Rosario Move More About Faith In Andre Smith

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Sep 2, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,656 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    [IMG]

IRVING, Texas – When the front office decided to keep five tight ends on the active roster, I had a feeling there was potentially a different plan in place, and Monday morning we learned what that plan was.

Dante Rosario was traded to the Chicago Bears for a conditional seventh round selection in the 2014 NFL Draft. Rosario was a player that my sources around the league were telling me was being shopped, along with Sean Lissemore and Kevin Kowalski. Lissemore was moved to San Diego on Sunday and Kowalski onto the street.

Rosario was brought in to be a jack-of-all-trades type of a player, a stunt man that did those dirty jobs that no one else wanted to do. He had a special teams history with Rich Bisaccia from the Chargers and that alone made me believe that he had a real shot to stay on this roster, but his play in the preseason was less than spectacular.

This move is more about the type of training camp that Andre Smith was having. Smith was projected more as a blocker that was too slow and clumsy to be any type of a threat in this “12” personnel package, but he proved he was far from that type of tag. He was able to get down the field and become a reliable target.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...351?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    SilverStarCowboy likes this.
  2. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Andre Smith, he should be very good for the running game and decent in the pass. Bears and Colts whiffed on the guy.
  3. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,175 Messages
    1,384 Likes Received
    I was going to post an article suggesting that they were trying to trade him. And to try and calm people down about having 5 tight ends.