1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Broaddus said team not interested in Janoris Jenkins

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dantheman41, Feb 21, 2012.

1. dantheman41

dantheman41 Active Member

711 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    We've been hearing a lot about team liking Janoris Jenkins. I was tweeting Bryan broaddus tonight, and he says he talked to team officials and they are not high on Jenkins
  2. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Not surprising the Cowboys are not high on a player that is notorious for getting high. :lmao:
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    If the team was high on a player, they wouldn't say or tell anyone they are.
  4. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

1,960 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. The combine will be big for Jenkins because of the interviews. If he checks out, he very well could be our selection at #14.
  5. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,194 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Daniel, I think Kirkpatrick is our guy
  6. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    man I hope not, we do need a FS but CB is a much bigger need and kirkpatrick cannot play man cover CB. He doesn't have the speed to cover NFL elite WRs.

i think Dallas does like Jenkins, but they will never tell anyone that. Teams lie all the time right now.
  7. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wishful thinking in full effect....lol
  8. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    wow nice way to post two times about one quote

if you believe that you can trust what a team is saying right now then man you are gullible. I guess you never heard of teams blowing smoke. Teams and GMs lie all the time, before Dez was drafted it was out that Dallas wouldn't draft Bryant, but guess what they did.

You can't believe anything a GM or team is saying about any draft prospect until the draft is over.
  9. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,500 Messages
    2,019 Likes Received
    Galloway has repeatedly said this, too.

Don't think has anything to do with his ability; it's all about the drug use. Jerry has stayed away from those guys for a long time now.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,532 Messages
    1,851 Likes Received
    I lol'd.
  11. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I have no doubt Garrett wouldn't and I have said this time and time again, I don't expect Dallas to draft him because of Garrett. But I don't believe in anything teams are saying right now. It's all blowing smoke.

Why let that be known. Wouldn't it be better if you let it be known your inlove with Jenkins so a team would want to trade up to get him and hopefully lets a player you like fall.
  12. casmith07

26,532 Messages
    1,851 Likes Received
    Looks like we'll probably look interior OL in round 1 and look to CB in the 2nd.

Wouldn't surprise me to see us trade down and pick up some extra 2nd or 3rd rounders. Tons of value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year.
  13. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I agree this is what I want us to do. I would love to trade down and get Glenn or Hightower and then get a CB in the 2nd like Minnifield, Boykin, Johnson, or Hosley.
  14. casmith07

26,532 Messages
    1,851 Likes Received
    I want to trade down and get Glenn and get two of those CBs, to be honest.

Boykin and Hosley both are ballers and both can return punts and kicks. Hosley is especially athletic.
  15. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    and don't forget about Hosley's vertical which he will display with his 73 inch wing span. He has the same wing span of Calvin Johnson with a higher vertical. After the combine Hosley will be a top 2nd if not late 1st round pick.
  16. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,194 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    No clue how you came to this conclusion...I feel the EXACT opposite..I'm pretty much sold that we are going CB in rd 1...doesn't mean you are wrong, just don't feel the same way..if our cb is gone, I think we go OLB. I think OL isnt even an option, unless we go Konz.
  17. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm going to believe it's Kirkpatrick until I see something that sways me.

All I know is that Garrett is close with Saan, and Kirkpatrick is the kind of guy Rob Ryan would love. He's big, strong, fast enough, and a great tackler. I bet the coaches here would love to take a chance on him.
  18. casmith07

26,532 Messages
    1,851 Likes Received
    :cool: you see what I did there?

This is a classic case of Ye Olde Smokescreene. I agree with you...I think we're probably fairly interested in Jenkins at #14, as well as DeCastro. But if DeCastro is gone I still think the Cowboys would have to consider trading down to increase value, in my own opinion. They can still draft Cordy Glenn and pick up some very solid CBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
  19. casmith07

26,532 Messages
    1,851 Likes Received
    The only way it's Kirkpatrick is if we're telling Elam we're done and we plan to play him at SS.

Kirkpatrick is good, and is a solid tackler, but he's a safety if I've ever seen one. Not very fluid and doesn't have the speed you need at CB.

His combine could prove otherwise...but I think people will be disappointed with his results next week.
  20. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,500 Messages
    2,019 Likes Received
    The team didn't call a press conference to announce this. These guys have sources in the personnel department or, in Galloway's case, likely someone even higher up the chain.

It is funny how we wouldn't "because of Garrett" when we haven't done this for many years now, though.