1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Broaddus said team not interested in Janoris Jenkins

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dantheman41, Feb 21, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,218 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    also like how sources have reported before when teams did the opposite all the time on draft day. All I'm saying this could be true as much as it could be a smokescreen.

So I guess Kirkpatrick will also be off the board if this is about drugs.
  2. supercowboy8

5,218 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    I agree I said during the season that kirkpatrick was the best safety on alabama.

Also where's the link to this story.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Why is everybody so hot to trot over a couple non shut down corners?
  4. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Cowboys will not draft Janoris Jenkins...
  5. 4lifecowboy

4lifecowboy Active Member

819 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    i believe its a smokescreen and jenkins is the target
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Jenkins is as talented a CB as any in the draft, if not more.
  7. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Agreed. If Jerry said he was number one cornerback on our board I would assume we were not drafting him for sure. Everyone lies and changes their mind 10 times between now and the draft.

Dont believe anything anyone says at this point. This early in the process they almost have to be in prison to be removed from their board. And if he ran a 4.2 someone would draft him in the first round right out of prison actually.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Agree smoke is everywhere.

HOWEVER I would like the name of any player in the last 10 years that had drug concerns that the Boys drafted.

And I have to believe that Garrett does not want any either. What you did once or twice before you can do again.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    As regards Glenn, Red Ball has not seriously looked at any large O lineman since he took over.

He wants guys of at most 315 and not many of them. 310 is about what he seems to be interested in.

So a 350 lb guard? Nah. especially with our last experience with a 350 lb guard.
  10. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    The problem with this statement is there were probably only a very very few players with drug concerns that were also considered ELITE and available when they picked. Which sort of takes care of their decision making process most of the time. I think the interview process and background checks that come during the combine and after are going to settle this question and Im just not convinced the guy is off everyones draft boards at this time. If he runs a cooking 40 time at the combine as many seem to think he will, and he aces his interviews I think he will go top 10 to 15 easily.

Lots of kids do stupid things in College. He seems to PERHAPS of learned from his mistakes. I would want to have a LONG talk with this kid and do my background checks with coachs etc... but right now he would be the number two cornerback on my board and actually very close to number one depending on the scheme you run.

The combine will be the world to this kid. He could ace a top pick or tumble badly.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,400 Messages
    3,643 Likes Received
    It's kind of funny that there are so many rumors saying they are interested in him but also rumors that they are not.

Which leads me to believe that it is too early for the Cowboys to let anyone really know so they are just sending out smoke screens (either way).

Also remember. Broaddus, IIRC, was the one who said we would not take Tyron...so who knows if the info he is getting is correct or if they use him to pass false info.
  12. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,017 Messages
    658 Likes Received
    We will get Janoris
  13. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,924 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I'm just going to say I wouldn't be shocked, and I don't understand how anyone here could be at this point, if they pass on Jenkins because of the drug issues.
  14. supercowboy8

5,218 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Amen to this
  15. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,853 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    Or maybe he's just talking out his backside. At this point in the process, even he has to know that no one is going to tell him who they are or are not going to draft. What is there to gain?

The fact that he keeps passing it along, knowing that may be the case, leads me to believe he just wants to "break" news, even though he knows it's probably false.
  16. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,524 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    It's hard to believe anything at this point. After the combine we will be seeing more info come out. Rumors or not we will see alot come out. But I do think we have some interest in him. He's arguably the number 2 corner in this draft. I may be in the minority but I like Kirkpatrick more. Big physical guy who can cover taller receivers. If not then move him to safety. Like a former lb turned safety for us ?? What was his name again ????
  17. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Wait until Jenkins runs the 40 ... ill bet Jerry changes his tune.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,400 Messages
    3,643 Likes Received
    That may be the case but if it was the case I doubt he would say he talked to team sources (which could be anything from FO, coaches, players or an equipment guy) and would instead just say that he is of the opinion or just in my opinion.

But who really knows at this point.
  19. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,853 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    I don't think it even makes it to the board if he says "In my opinion" vs "Team sources" which alone is incentive to say sources.

Regardless, my issue is that he doesn't bother to caution his statement as to who the team is high or low on by saying it's close to the draft, this could be a smoke screen. He did the same thing last year.
  20. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,426 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    Why can't guys get it? If a player has a red flag involving drugs the Cowboys take them off the board. Jerry has said this for years, they have been burned too many times and are done with that kind of gambling.