1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Broaddus said team not interested in Janoris Jenkins

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dantheman41, Feb 21, 2012.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    Sounds to me like we need to start drafting and signing the drugees..
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    That sounds like a solid plan .
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,625 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received

yeah Goodell will really love us all the more. He will get to suspend multiple cowboys each year.

So no one could come up with anyone on DRUGS since Quincy. Which since that was 10 years ago seems to support my contention that Jerruh will not take another druggie after getting burned like that.

One more factor guys.

The HURD factor.

With that still in the back of his mind do you really think he will take a chance on Jenkins?
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,274 Likes Received
    I want to go with trends with Jerry because normally Jerry is a creature of habit. So normally I would say no to Kirkpatrick or Jenkins.

However I have seen Jerry break some of his trends the last few years and couple that with the idea that they need help in the secondary I would not be shocked at all.

For years the cowboys would not draft kickers...they have the past few years. For years the cowboys did not take an O-Lineman the first, they did last year. For years Jerry did not take someone from Arkansas no matter how many people projected him to do so...then he drafted Felix.

So nothing is written in stone and although Jerry is normally a creature of habit there are times he does change his mind.

So I doubt that it would happen, but at the same time I think he knows this team needs corners, I think the coaches like Rob are telling him he needs corners and will push hard for a top CB.
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,625 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received

I doubt he give in on Druggies
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    The post i saw said "Jerry does not touch anyone who has been or is involved with drugs." I just assumed that meant at any time, not just recently.

Al Johnson, Quincy, Pac Man, im sure there have been others as well.

EDIT: Oh yea, who can forget "Frank the" Tank Johnson.
  7. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't remember Tank Johnson being involved with drugs. I thought his deal was guns.
  8. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    His deal was guns, and then one day they searched his house looking for guns and found weed. He of course blamed it on his bodyguard, who was arrested for it.. but it was in his house. Im sure it wasn't there without him knowing about it, if you get what im saying, lol.
  9. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's the great thing about having an entourage, you always have a fall guy.