1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Broaddus| TJ McDonald

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 21, 2013.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,738 Messages
    1,662 Likes Received
    I don't like him. He has terrible technique in his run defense. He's a penalty waiting to happen. He's also a head hunter. I don't like him.
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    :hammer:

You need look no further than John Lynch. He didn't make his mark on the NFL playing the deep half his whole career.
  3. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

1,060 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Rambo is the perfect safety for this defense and he can be had in the late second or third round.
  4. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

866 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    This is who I want.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,183 Messages
    4,730 Likes Received
    Will it save you any grey hairs if I mention that Rambo was suspended for the 1st four games or 2012 for a failed drug test and the 1st game of 2011 for "an inadvertent brush with marijuana"?

It might not seem like a big deal, but the Cowboys have only drafted squeaky clean players since Garrett became the Head Coach.
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,158 Messages
    1,512 Likes Received
    :laugh2: I'm aware of all that, and I'm assuming its the main reason we aren't hearing his name being kicked around.

The reality is, he was a 19/20 year old guy who smoked weed. Big whoop.

The question you can ask is whether he is mature enough or not to cut that out in the NFL. I don't have the answer. What I do think is that, he's a first round talent who might slip because of it. I have a hard time passing up on that late in the 2nd or in the third.
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,971 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    It's a good thing there's no drug testing in the NFL either... oh wait.
  8. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,591 Messages
    1,041 Likes Received
    Fify.
  9. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,800 Messages
    760 Likes Received
    Looks like a player to me.
  10. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received

The university of GA has a much stricter drug testing policy than a lot of schools. They tested them immediately after spring break and they failed. Rambo alleges it was a brownie he ate while in Panama City, but I'm not going to take a guy completely off my draft board for one bad decision. He was suspended 1 game his junior season b/c he was pulled over and a joint was found in the purse of a passenger in his car. He wasn't charged, but UGA suspended him anyways for 1 game.
  11. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,906 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I'm right there with you. If he is there in the third pull the trigger even if we already drafted Vaccaro.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,879 Messages
    4,223 Likes Received
  13. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,697 Messages
    1,772 Likes Received
    I think Tj will end up with a star on his helmet. And i think after workouts and combine his place will end up being in RD2
  14. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,656 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    You might not have a problem with him, but I guarantee you that NFL teams will. And the question about whether hes mature enough, hes failed that test so far. Guys like him and Mathieu really hurt themselves with their "weed" issues.
  15. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,158 Messages
    1,512 Likes Received
    I understand that teams have an issue with that, to my understanding, its one of the main reasons he won't go in the first round. But unlike Mathieu, he's not going to fall past the 3rd I wouldn't think.
  16. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    After doing a little bit of research and watching a few videos, IMO, Rambo is the best safety in the draft. And this is coming from someone who was a skeptic at first. The dude has the best tackling form of any other safety I've looked at and also looks more natural in coverage than the other.

Reid is by far the worst I've seen so far. Takes bad angles and gets beat easily in coverage. I swear watching him was like watching Tony Dixon.

I'd go DL/OL in rounds 1 and 2, then pick up Rambo in the 3rd and hope he keeps his nose clean.
  17. da_whiz_kid

866 Messages
    111 Likes Received
  18. IAmLegend

3,591 Messages
    1,041 Likes Received
  19. da_whiz_kid

866 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    He'd look good in a Cowboy uniform!
    But, he is probably going to the Jets. Him or TJ (son).
  20. IAmLegend

3,591 Messages
    1,041 Likes Received
    Agreed. The more tape I watch on Thomas the more I like him. I was down on him after originally watching his tape against Oregon but the rest of his tape shows he's a playmaker. Would love to have him but I think he goes early to mid 2nd round.