1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: Broaddus: Wilcox, Magee Both Showing Up More On Defense...Ratliff's back

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 5, 2013.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

17,934 Messages
    8,764 Likes Received
    Yes, Swearinger and Wilcox were my favorites.
  2. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

7,661 Messages
    1,294 Likes Received
    :starspin :starspin
  3. Pottsville Maroons

Pottsville Maroons Member

707 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    If you have a stock Z06 Corvette and in year 8 of ownership and after a lot of miles, you add a supercharger and really like the increased performance, are you not going to wish you'd had that supercharger much earlier? Of course you are. It's still an awesome car either way, but it clearly performs better one way vs. the other.
  4. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,621 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    I'll give you a +1 on that post WG. :)
  5. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,568 Messages
    987 Likes Received
    I really hope that Ratliff can give us a full, healthy season. While he had a few amazing years at NT in the 3-4, he was far from the "prototype" player for the position. I feel like he's much more of a natural fit in the C2/T2(ish) scheme. Unfortunately, we might be making the switch a couple of years too late to maximize his potential in the system. This is a defensive scheme that can give you a top-5 defense, but if you can't get elite performance from 2-3 of your DL's (especially up the middle), you're going to struggle.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

17,934 Messages
    8,764 Likes Received
    It's actually better. The supercharger would add more strain to the older engine. Moving Rat to the 3-tech will be more like removing 1000 lbs from the car.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

34,289 Messages
    10,422 Likes Received
    I might. In all honestly, I'd probably not let the new circumstances bum me out about the old one. But, like most things in life, changes are usually a mixed bag. They might end up being mostly positive...I hope in this case they do. But we got really, really good value out of Jay Ratliff in terms of the resources it took to draft him and what we ended up paying him, overall. I'm happy to count my blessings in that regard.