1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brock lesnar vs Overeem Dec 30th

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Sep 6, 2011.

1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Nice.

On a Friday. Winner gets dos Santos/Cain.

I don't love it for Brock
  2. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,087 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    Overheem will destroy Brock if he can stay on his feet, Brock will destroy Overheem if he can't

Deep deep analysis i know :laugh2:
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Wow. That will be a fight to watch.

I hope Brock has brushed up on his skills since his last fight. I'd hate to see this fight get top billing only to watch a lopsided beating.
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,062 Messages
    801 Likes Received
    I do not think he ever recovered from that stomach sickness in his last two fights ..... he had another setback with it right after he lost the belt.
  5. MarionBarberThe4th

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    I like brock but I don't think he can take overeems punches. A lot of people forget carwin almost got a tko On brock
  6. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,087 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    On the flip side is Overheems takedown defense good enough to keep it standing? it's not like it's been really tested in Strikeforce and by who ever dream managed to pull of the streets to fight him. He's also spend a lot of time doing K-1 so it's not like he's been working on that full time
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,029 Messages
    2,260 Likes Received
    Yes! Brock!
  8. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Only time ill watch UFC this year, Brock>the rest.

Not only am I a huge fan because of his WWE days, but he also has an illness very similar to the one that put me in the hospital for nearly a month this year, guy has my respect and my fandom forever. My brother is also a huge fan, and always says to my parents he wants to name his first son, god-willing, Brock.
  9. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,086 Messages
    3,065 Likes Received
    I have no idea who that is.

It sucks being the neophyte at this sport.
  10. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,087 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    It's the guy who likes roids, err... i mean "horse meat"

[IMG]

Strikeforce HW champ
    Dream HW champ
    K-1 World GP 2010 champ
  11. MarionBarberThe4th

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    How do you feel about his recovery timetable?
  12. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,911 Messages
    1,374 Likes Received
    Interesting deal here. If Brock can comeback healthy, and fully ready to go, and remember that he's a world class wrestler, and use his ground work, then I believe Brock can win this.

If he tries to stand and bang with Overheem then Brock is very likely in a great deal of trouble. He needs to remember he's not a strong striker and play to his strengths.
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,281 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    If you watch just his last fight, you'll probably be as unimpressed by him as you were by what you initially saw of Anderson Silva, but Overeem is probably the world's best fighter that has never fought in the UFC.

He's a world class striker that specializes in kickboxing and muay thai, and yeah, the dude looks like the final boss in a video game.
  14. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,087 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    No matter which way this fight goes it will be over within a minute

It's one of those impossible to call 50/50 fights. Brock needs to go after Overheem the same way Couture went after Tooney (or what ever his name is) and watch out for knees going inn. If Brock decides to try his stand up in this fight it will be over before he knows what happened
  15. MarionBarberThe4th

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    I hope hes not amped up and decides to try and put on a show for the fans to make up for his long abscence. I agree, he should charge him and throw him to the ground. Brock cant box and Overeem moves like a 200 pounder.

BTW I love that UFC has pretty much beaten down the competition and is getting any fighter that matters. Overeem slipped by my radar up until about a year ago.

lol Ive always described that type as the body I would draw for myself when I doodled.
  16. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,281 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    It's a whole lot worse than "Brock can't box", he doesn't like to get hit period. I've never seen someone cower in the corner of the ring, or turn their back and flee their opponent the way Brock does when he starts getting hit.

Brock tried to "swarm" Cain, that went nowhere. As long as Overeem's takedown defense isn't terrible, I don't think it'll be much of a contest at all.

Overeem fights a very patient fight, he's extremely composed and does as little as possible to win a fight. Being that big, he doesn't have cardio to waste, so he tends to let his opponent make his move before he makes his.

If Brock tries to swarm, I fully expect Overeem to be well drilled in take down defense and just shrug off his attempts and picks Brock apart.

I'll take Reem with the KO in the 2nd by knees.
  17. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Less than a minute?

That'd be pretty disappointing. I want a full round of beating the snot out of each other.
  18. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Yeah, Brock looked lost after Cain basically stood his ground. From there Cain just pummeled him.
  19. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I read his book and in his first flare he was working out after 14 days. It took me over 3 months, he should be ready for the fight. He's a world class athlete so my experience really can not be compared in the recovery portion.

He wouldn't fight unless he is ready.
  20. MarionBarberThe4th

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received

I get the feeling that we will always wonder what could have been with Brock if he didn't waste his time farting around with wwe and football.