1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brockers Rooting For Cowboys To Draft Him

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,122 Messages
    6,929 Likes Received
    I'm going to go with 'because we believe he isn't just a younger version of a player we already have, and because we think he *will* be different in the role that Spears is giving us now.'
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,996 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    It's VERY telling, though. My guess is his agent told him Dallas is taking Barron if he's there.
  3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,500 Messages
    155 Likes Received
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,122 Messages
    6,929 Likes Received
    It matters to me, more than it should, when a player is a fan.

For that matter, I don't want Coby Fleener because he's named after a stupid Redsk*n. How's that for irrational?
  5. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  6. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,367 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    The difference is Spears can't push the pocket...we don't need our DE to spin out and speed by with great pass rush moves in the 3-4, but if he can drive the line back towards the QB and give the QB less room, cramp him a little, make him move towards our outside guys, he'd be the first DE to do that since we went 3-4.
  7. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,496 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Very telling. Pretty sure that talk is not coming from internet rumors and such. As you said, probably his agent and/or others who are tapped in to what's going on...
  8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    you are trying to speak rationally to lunatics. probably not worth the bother.

the majority are just mad because a guy wasn't ranked at 5 and falling to us.
  9. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,876 Messages
    827 Likes Received
    Good post, agreed all the way
  10. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I don't mind Brockers, I just don't want him at pick #14. If we can trade down and pick up an extra 1st, I wouldn't mind getting him later on.
  11. ragingbull2488

ragingbull2488 Member

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't get all the hate surrounding this guy. I mean there is a ton of potential with him and could end up turning into a monster on this line which is what we need. I love Barron to death I really do but I feel like the line is where this draft needs to start. We need to get some pressure guys and hopefully he will develop into something along those lines. I just feel like we can go one more year without a safety if push comes to shove really. I say draft Brockers and let the beast that is Leon Lett develop him and turn him into the monster we have been looking for.
  12. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I wouldn't call it hate as much as concern with the plausible chance that he may be a bust. Most fans know that we cannot afford to whiff on a player that high in the draft.
  13. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    I guess it is the LSU curse thing scaring people.

It isn't like Brockers has Poe-type tape. Granted he isn't a special pass rusher but who is at that size. He played with great activity for a guy that size and was definitely strong.

I was on the fence about him early but the more clips I see and more research I do the more I like him.
  14. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,415 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Just FYI .... the NFL Network had a mock draft just now (Maybe Mayock) who had Dallas selecting Brockers at #14.
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,113 Messages
    2,652 Likes Received

"Hopefully Barron is gone"

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Does the entire freaking world know we are going to draft Barron? Seriously, unless this is the best smoke screen in the history of the draft, we got to stop telling everybody who we want to draft, geez.

Jerry has to be the worst poker player in history, his lip smacks are giving away our every move.:laugh2:
  16. Skerr41

Skerr41 Member

111 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good to know, thanks Sdogo
  17. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,015 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    He's trolling us, he knows we don't want him :laugh2:
  18. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,656 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well I have to say, DE is a premium position in the 4-3, not the 3-4. A player has to be truly special to make a difference there, and although its an area of need, its close to a offensive guard on offense in its level of importance in a 3-4.

Pass rushers are a premium position, but Brockers at this point isn't a pass rusher, even for a 3-4 DE he leaves alot to be desired at this point as even LSU even took him out on pass D plays. Spears doesn't have his length and size, so I don't get that comparison...kinda like those who compare Barron to RW31.

But what has to be seen is while he is young and raw, that doesn't mean he will be the next Tyron. He has a good motor, but if we really are going to think about picking him at #14, he better bring alot more to the table than just a good motor and potential.