1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Broncos release RB Willis McGahee

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by GoJacks, Jun 13, 2013.

1. GoJacks

GoJacks New Member

21 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Even though running back Willis McGahee is coming off a torn MCL and a broken leg and even though Denver has three other legit running backs on the roster, McGahee still for him to attend the team's OTA sessions.
    Now, he's no longer on the roster, as the announced Thursday they have released McGahee.
    That leaves second-round pick Montee Ball, and to compete for playing time.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22402709/broncos-release-rb-willis-mcgahee
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,690 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    not unless he's still available during the season and Murray and Randle are both hurt.
  3. GoJacks

GoJacks New Member

21 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Unfortunately, I would bet Murray will be hurt.
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,067 Messages
    681 Likes Received
    Knowing McGahee's track record so will he.
  5. GoJacks

GoJacks New Member

21 Messages
    0 Likes Received

True. I was waiting for that.
  6. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,046 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Doug Farrar had some interesting comments on twitter re: McGahee

https://twitter.com/SC_DougFarrar

~~~

SC_DougFarrar ‏@SC_DougFarrar In 2012, McGahee had a -48.4% DVOA and 50% Success Rate on third/fourth down. Knowshon Moreno had a better red zone DVOA. So, there's that.

~~~

SC_DougFarrar ‏@SC_DougFarrar Release of Willis McGahee indicates that Broncos coaches are just as impressed with Montee Ball as they say they are.

~~~
  7. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,666 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    McGahee has been a malcontent everywhere he has been. He has been solid performer but always seems to cry to the media.
  8. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

565 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    I've had McGahee on my nfl fantasy team over the past few years dude puts up very solid numbers, Montae Ball must be really impressive.
  9. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

565 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    “I will keep playing. I don’t feel like I have to go out there and say what I have left. I know what I can do. I’m not worried about it. Once I get the opportunity, it will be all good,” McGahee told Josina Anderson of ESPN. “There are a lot of places I wouldn’t mind playing. You got Miami, Dallas, Green Bay, San Diego, Oakland. That’s not necessarily my order of preference, though. All of those teams I mentioned I would go to with no problems.”
  10. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,837 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    I thought he was the best RB in the draft.
  11. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

565 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    100% agree
  12. Tricked

Tricked Fascinated

660 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NFL.com seems to think we're a top landing place for McGahee

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ll-willis-mcgahee-go-after-release-by-broncos

13. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,451 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    McGahee can pick up tough yards but you have to wonder what he has in the tank. I'd rather have Turner.
  14. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,083 Messages
    492 Likes Received
    id rather we go into the season with that we have.

wheres the youth movement people on this one? I had liked MaGhee, but lets be honest, RB is either you have it or you dont, the youth aspect doesnt last long, and a lot of rbs will be done by the age of 28. It sucks but fans dont care, and neither will the teams. get the fastest guy, get the guy who gets yards.
  15. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,080 Messages
    3,988 Likes Received
    I'd rather go with what we've got, frankly. And I'm not particularly high on Randle.
  16. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,762 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Montee is going to be a fantasy stud this year. Considering what he did in college he has flown relatively under the radar.
  17. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    This is too funny. NFL.com article is trying to make the minor injuries to Murray and Randle more than what it is to push McGahee, lol.