1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

broncos wants to trade down

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jblaze2004, Apr 15, 2011.

1. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,693 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    I wonder if jerry would make a move to insure we land peterson or dareus by moving up and making a trade with the broncos.

What if they except our 1st and 3rd this year and our 3rd or 2nd next year. Would that be a good trade to pick on of the top prospects in this year draft?

I think we can try to make some player trades for picks once we get the cba problem resolved. Like maybe trade Roy Williams (if not cut) for a 4th round pick to a wr desperate team.
    Or maybe even trade spencer for a 2nd or 3rd rounder to a desperate team maybe houston(he is in the last year of his contract, these are the moves the patriots and eagles make to pick up more draft picks).

or would the number 2 pick be way too high to draft peterson? but then we might have a shot at dareus.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,867 Messages
    2,645 Likes Received
    The NFL is currently on Lockout. Players cannot be traded. Draft picks can be and future draft picks can be. Players cannot.
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,028 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    I think that in order to trade up with Denver for the 2nd over all pick, it would be much to costly. I don't think we have the juice to get that done. Besides, we have holes on this team that need to be addressed. That, IMO, would not be a wise move for us long term.
  4. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,693 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    since we cant trade players now i wonder is there any way the can make a contract or agreement that states when the cba gets done that the player would automatically be traded to the team?

kind of like signing off the rights to a player to another team but will not be official until the cba gets done.
  5. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thats the 2nd time today I've agreed with you. Thanks for changing your way of thinking to match mine.;)