1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Brooking still talking up Wade Phillips

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Nov 5, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Someone tell Keith Brooking that he's talking to the wall at this point...

[youtube]T-Pzbl5WZdM[/youtube]

How about this Keith. Why don't you hold Wade accountable for running a piss poor training camp this summer which was the beginning of this disaster?

And then start holding him accountable for keeping players in the starting lineup who should have been benched.
  2. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Shut up Brooking. He's gone and you're gone next year. Save the hot air.
  3. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,121 Messages
    1,671 Likes Received
    Why don't you hold Wade accountable for leaving you in one on one coverage with a TE and making you look like a fool out there, Keith? :D
  4. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,607 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day, when the sun don't shine I got the month of May"

Official song of the Dallas Cowboys.

Craig
  5. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I think the players should support their coach. Flame me if you want, but I don't think it's a good idea to slam him in the press.

I think everyone shares responsibility in this mess.
  6. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,371 Likes Received
    I like Kieth, always have, but I don't agree with him here. He's fighting for his coach, and I guess that's admirable, but there has to come a time when you realise your guy just can't get the job done anymore.

And I don't know what he's thinking about coaches who yell and stuff having no success from what he's seen. Where has he been? There have been plenty of examples of coaches like that succeeding to some degree, at least.

Right off the top of my head Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Mike Ditka, Gruden, Cowher. They all have won Superbowls and had some degree of success and these are guys off the top of my head in a few seconds.
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Anyone with a brain thinks that.

Even if the players think the coach sucks, they should always back him in public.

When Wade is finally fired, all kinds of things will be said, just like they were when Parcells quit. But they shouldn't be said during the season.

And before the inevitable comes in... The same thing applies to Garrett. That was what was so bad about TO -- he started talking mess about the OC (and the QB). Well, no matter how "true" those things may be, you never say those things in public.
  8. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Showing support and making statements which make the player look like he has no clue what he's talking about are two different things.

Anyone with a brain knows this as well.

No coaches who have ever raised their voice have ever had success?

Belicheck, Tomlin, Coughlin, Payton, Cowher and Gruden.

They are all nuts.

And you will notice they have won some rings recently. Brooking sounds like an idiot in this video by making the statement that guys who are the exact opposite of Wade have not had success 'as far as he's seen'.

I guess we should get him some glasses as a going away present.

:laugh2:
  9. VirusX

VirusX Active Member

1,392 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    He's just doing what normal players do and being a "Company Man" probably lobbying for a post-career job...
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    You're probably right Keith.

Players probably respect the man that Wade Phillips is.

He seems like a likable guy.

Problem is, I doubt half the team respects the coach that Wade Phillips is.
  11. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,754 Messages
    625 Likes Received
    honestly...i am over Brookings. Lee should be getting bulk of carries. Bookings caught ligtening in a bottle last year and really lead this team. However, this year...he looks slow and old and his pre game stomping is getting bit embarrassing with offenses gashing this defense weekly.
  12. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,335 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    This. Trying to look good for that assistant LB coach position wherever Wade gets his next DC job
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,612 Messages
    5,525 Likes Received
    Meh. Before long that will be thing more than a former Cowboy player talking about a former Cowboy coach.
  14. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

1,732 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    I agree. I like to see this from keith. He knows Wade is out. He hears how fans and the media make fun of him. He isnt stupid. I respect him for standing up for his coach...

Plus it is as much the players fault that the team lost as it is Wade's fault.
    The players should all apologize to Wade and the coaching staff for their performance. I bet you this time next year many of these players will be sorry they needed someone to crawl up their butts and rip them a new one on the way out.

Its funny how Brookings is ripped on here for supporting his coach.
    Yet Tashard Choice isnt for dancing in the locker room because he might get more carries...We have 1 win. No one should be dancing in the locker room.

The part that Keith needs to realize though is by totally dismissing the coach from responsibility then he is putting it solely on the players for messing up. He does take it too far. He needs to support his coach. But he also needs to back down from the "we are professionals. we dont respond to fear. blah blah". Because fear is what these guys do need.