1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Browns Moving back into 1st?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Apr 26, 2011.

1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,995 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=11541083

ESPNCLeveland is reporting "sources" Browns will trade back into first round in the 12-15 range and keep #6 overall. They are said to be giving up 2011 2nd and 2012 1st.

They could use some extra picks......

Trade down to 9, take Quinn or Jones. Trade back up into the 1st and take Fairley or Liuget
  2. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,686 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    Hmmm odd. I don't see it happening truthfully
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,917 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    whoa morgaging their future....but thats all its going to take a 2nd rounder next year and a 1st 2 years from now? I would think more will have to be offered.

I think they want to take a QB at 8 and then feel anothr need at 12-15.
  4. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,689 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    Good Luck! I don't see any team giving up a 12-15 pick for a 2nd and next years 1st. You're talking about moving back 25 or so spots and missing out on very good players. What if Cleveland has a decent year and the pick next year is in the 18-20 range? You lose bigtime in that deal. It should take alot more to go from 38 to 12-15 than next years 1st. I think this is a made up rumor and a wishful thinking fan. They may be able to get into the 22-25 range with that but not the 12-15.
  5. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,439 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    You mean like the year when we traded with them and they took Brady Quinn and we thought we had a top 5 pick in hand and then that Derrick Anderson kid played out of his mind and we ended up with the 20th pick or so?? :banghead:
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,344 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    lol, who in the 15 range is worth a 1st and a 2nd round pick?
  7. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,510 Messages
    878 Likes Received
    I was wondering the same thing
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,314 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    Could be any number of players if a team really likes them and they happen to fit a teams needs.

Now with that out of the way.

I wonder about Bowers. We all have heard that he is slipping a good deal. Maybe they feel they can get him there and feel that his medical issues are not as bad as others think.

And if they are not as bad. And he turns out to be the player most thought he could be before the injury worries started...He might be a steal even at the price.

Remember he was talked about being a top 5 pick at one time.

Who knows.
  9. irishline

irishline Active Member

226 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    That would be this years 2nd and next years first (it is 2011 ;) ), but ya it does seem like a little more would need to be added given the 12 to 15 range.
  10. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,190 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    who in the 12-15 range is willing to trade out of round 1? I can't imaging anyone doing it.
  11. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Well-Known Member

1,007 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    They would need to trade out of the no.6 in order to acquire a little more ammo. Just a couple of spots.
  12. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,294 Messages
    1,245 Likes Received
    The article says they'd be keeping their 6th, I think the suggestion here is that they want a player at 6 and a player at 13-15. No?
  13. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,148 Messages
    1,863 Likes Received
    If I had to guess and if this rumor is to be believed, I would say Minnesota. I think the Vikings' plan is to go the veteran quarterback route and acquire Donovan McNabb.

The Vikings gave up a third rounder for Randy Moss and I think they'd love to move down and get some picks back in the process. And adding an additional first rounder for next year could put them in position to draft Andrew Luck for the future.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Until teams lay down their cards on draft day I don't buy any of these rumors.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,574 Messages
    2,436 Likes Received
    That's what it sounds like.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,574 Messages
    2,436 Likes Received
    Cleveland?
    I feel pretty sure (make that certain) tht they are not burnign a top 10 pick on a QB this year.

But maybe with the 8th pick you were referring to Tennessee for some reason. I must have missed something.
  17. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    If that is what they do, they want either WR Jones or CB Peterson with 6 and then a DE with the other pick.
  18. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,686 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    I agree. Maybe the framework of some of these deals are discussed. But I find it hard to believe teams agree on terms of a trade until they're on the clock - or close to it.
  19. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,995 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Yes but wouldnt such a move be easier to pull off if they are trading down from 6 and getting a 3rd rounder and maybe a 2012 pick from us and still get the player they want at 9?

Although Paint brings up a good point. Bowers(or Fairley) could be the guy they want at around 15. Which would mean that they want Julio Jones in the top 10. If they really want to do this then they might not be so down for my idea of moving down to 9 and taking one of Quinn or Jones. If Jones is that high on their board then is a 3rd rounder worth risking losing out on Jones?

If league business resumes they could do the less often used NBA style player for player trade. They take Patrick Peterson at 6 and dont make the trade w/ us until they see that Julio Jones has landed safely at 9. At which point the Cowboys take Julio and then the trade is made

Last time I remember the NFL doing it that way was the Eli Manning/Chargers trade
  20. dgr81

dgr81 Member

439 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    for all those wondering, the deal is between cleveland and new england for the 17th pick in the draft.

it hinges on the player the browns want, being there.