1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Browns season just got a bit tougher... Tucker suspended 4 games *Merge*

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Wimbo, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Cleveland Browns tackle Ryan Tucker is suspended for violation of NFL steroid policy

Posted by
    [IMG]
    David I. Andersen/Plain Dealer file photoRyan Tucker on the bench during a game against the Steelers last year.

Browns right tackle Ryan Tucker will be suspended for the first four games of the regular season for a violation of the NFL steroid policy Tucker will continue to practice with the team and will participate in preseason games, playing on the second and third units, according to head coach Romeo Crennel.
    The immediate plan is for Kevin Schaffer to move from left tackle to right tackle to replace Tucker and for top draft pick Joe Thomas to move into the starting job at left tackle. Crennel pointed out that if Kelly Butler proves to be a better right tackle, Schaffer could move back to the left side and continue to compete with Thomas.
    Crennel said that Tucker's status with the team would be re-evaluated after his suspension.
    Tucker left the team on two occasions last year for an undisclosed mental illness
  2. Real1st

Real1st Nikola Tesla

4,835 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    McFadden?????? :lmao2:
  3. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I don't know about this guy, but isn't everyone break dancin' in the street's that we didn't draft Brady Quinn? Can you imagine the distraction if he were holding out with us, and he would be!
  4. Real1st

Real1st Nikola Tesla

4,835 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would be ready to lynch quinn.. and the publicity would be 50X worse than it is now because number one he is on the cowboys and number two T.O. is on our team
  5. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,111 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Wow, they should be calling for a flag for piling on....
  6. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,400 Messages
    865 Likes Received
    Oh, boy.
    Every day there is some new drama/problem in Cleaverland.
    Boys, I do believe the Browns are headed to 3-13 land this year.
  7. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    ....and imagine when Braylon Edwards or Winslow get hurt again which, if history is any indication, one or both will.
  8. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Is this the same Tucker that played for us at RT when Campo was coach, the guy that had the heart episode? This suspension would explain some things if so.(and no, I'm not referring to Torrin Tucker)
  9. TX_Yid

TX_Yid Well-Known Member

1,309 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    I'd be happier at 0-16 :D
  10. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,822 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    ever since the browns skipped town and became the ravens......they have had success.....they have had the top defense in the NFL over that span and they have a SB....

meanwhile back in that trash dump known as C-town......mediocrity knows no bounds. hey at least the Cavs made it to the finals, only to get swept by my Spurs...

the poor browns...high draft picks year after year....freakish injuries....prima donna holdouts....freakish illnesses.....sewage pipes breaking in their lockerroom.....suspensions....

this team is the Arizona Cardinals of the AFC.....

I honestly feel very bad for them right now....Modell skipped town and stole their Mojo.

Let's just hope it stays lost for 1 more season. They can have all their Mojo back in the 2008 season.
  11. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Who I feel bad for is Crennell. He is going to be fired after this year, and Vince Lombardi couldn't win with this team.
  12. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Carmen Policy venture set them back what 4 years in talent
  13. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    No. You are probably thinking of Ross Tucker.
  14. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He could be thinking of Torrin Tucker.
  15. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Okay, there's to many oline Tuckers.:D
  16. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,111 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Or Torin Tucker...
  17. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,868 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Maybe you are thinking of Tyson Walter.
  18. CowboysFan07

CowboysFan07 New Member

87 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He is a Texas boy though, Midland Texas born and raised and went to the same high school as Cedric Benson and Eric Winston.
  19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    This isn't Ross Tucker, but it is the guy some people were hoping we'd bring in last offseason before we knew Colombo would be anything. We didn't sign him because we supposedly didn't like his attitude, and I think he was asking for too much money. But you wonder if there were any suspicions about 'roid use, too. I've always thought GMs probably gossip about such things.
  20. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Great job Mr. Jones for not taking Quinn.