1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Browns sold 1500 new season tix after Manziel selected

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 9, 2014.

1. panchucko

panchucko We have a pretty good offense Zone Supporter

2,048 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    The browns get a little hope and then ... Superstar wide receiver facing year long suspension
  2. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

1,709 Messages
    1,164 Likes Received
    Josh Gordon facing a season long suspension. 2nd failed drug test. They should have stayed out and took Watkins.
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    This is my concern. QBs go to Cleveland to end their careers. I wanted him in Dallas and I hope he makes every team that passed over him sorry, but he is in a bad place to have success at the QB position. I can understand the excitement of their fans and I would have the same feelings if Jerry would have drafted him.
  4. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

866 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Johnny College will pull a LeBron James on the city of Cleveland. He will look awesome and show great potential. then when his contract is up. He will bolt for a Super Bowl contender .
  5. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,150 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    Homeless guy that told the Browns to pick "Jonathan Pigskin".

[IMG]
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Unless Cleveland can develop a running game Johnny Football is going to have a rough time in Cleveland.
  7. manster4ever

manster4ever Active Member

526 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    SO true....they've suffered long enough. And I don't mean football....I mean the city in general. My god, when was the last time they won ANYTHING? Made a world series in '97 and lost. Football, basketball and baseball are all pretty hopeless in that town....until now. Hope it works out for them. It's time.
    pjtoadie likes this.
  8. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,962 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    Yep! The Indians made the World Series in 1995 (lost in 6 games) and in 1997 they lost in game 7 (2 outs from winning :mad:). The Cavs made the Finals in 2007 and were swept by the Spurs. This will be the 4th straight year that the Cavs are in the lottery and the Indians have looked better since Terry Francona became manager but they're still a long way from contending imo. As for the Browns they've made it to the playoffs only once since coming back into the league in 1999. My city is due for something lol.
  9. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,454 Messages
    180 Likes Received

Seemed to be fine, when Hatcher was doing it last year.
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,565 Messages
    2,432 Likes Received
    Very good oline and the addition of Ben Tate should help.
    They also drafted RB Terrance West
  11. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I agree that is a good direction and now they have to make it work. I just notice with a lot of the younger QB's be it RGIII (rookie year), Wilson or Kap those teams run the ball a lot they are not putting the offense on their shoulders. For Manziel I think it will be very important to be able to run the ball
  12. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,150 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    It is the best friend of every QB.
  13. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I agree but even more so for QB who are raw. I have seen a lot of him, he is an exciting college football QB he free lances a lot because he can't see over the line and even he has said he move outside because he can't see. Now in college that is fine in the pro's all you have done is cut the field in half and if you dumb enough to throw back across the field the DB in the NFL will gladly take that to the house.
  14. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Interesting that Manziel has allegedly said he runs because he can't see over the line to throw. I've never read or heard that.
  15. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,052 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    Do you have a link where Manziel says he moves outside because he can't see? That's interesting.
  16. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,206 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  17. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,041 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    W
    wow. Please tell me this is real and not photoshopped.