1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bruce Carter or Nate Irving

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by CATCH17, Apr 30, 2011.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,459 Messages
    1,651 Likes Received
    Who would you rather have?
  2. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,461 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    bruce athletic's with irvin instincts and block shed:cool:
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Jerry drafted Carter so it doesn't really matter
  4. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Bruce Carter every day of the week and I would of said this if you asked 2 days ago.
  5. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,939 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    Totally agree!!!
  6. jblaze2004

8,461 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    we will see who is better in a 3-4 since the texan's drafted him for wades new 3-4 defense.
    I think Nate irving has potiental to be bradie james while bruce carter can be like lawrence timmons. Actuall, bruce carter reminds me of lawrence timmons coming out of college. Both beast with speed (something our defense needed)
  7. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Carter. I love the player comparison that the DraftExchange gave him - Julian Peterson. That tells you everything you need to know about his versatility. He can play probably every LB spot. Seriously.
  8. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    GREAT POST Blaze. Never even thought about the Timmons comparison. I think many folks sook their head when Pitt took a 234 lb., 4-3 WLB to play him at WILB in a 3-4. I guess they look like geniuses now, don't they. :bow:

Good to great football players can play well at any spot you place them. Carter is one of those guys.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,459 Messages
    1,651 Likes Received
    I've never seen Carter play so im just asking.

The knee really bothers me and I have trouble believing we'll get him on the field in the preseason.
  10. jblaze2004

8,461 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    exactly...now we just need some big bodies on the d-line to help keep lineman off him then he will explode on the seen.

Last not forget lawrence timmons didn't play much his rookie year but by year 3 he was beast mode.
  11. jblaze2004

8,461 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    me too but i think i saw somewhere were he will be ready by the start of the season. But i think we take it easy and manage the knee. He probably will start out on pup list til we get him back in football shape and then he will play special teams and some nickle. We will give him as much as he can handle his rookie year.
  12. fishspill

fishspill Active Member

953 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Since I was calling for him or Ellis at pick #40, I'd say Carter. 3-4 needs lots of athletic linebackers to be extra awesome.
  13. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,037 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    He looks damn good from the videos I have seen, and the raving reviews. Obviously the only concern is that injury. I just hope is able to do some training camp work because I REALLY want to see him in the pre-season. I can only imagine what he and Quinn would have done together last season if they played together.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,633 Messages
    2,017 Likes Received
    I'd definitely rather have Carter.

But your question gets interesting when you factor in what round they were drafted in. Obviously, we could have had a different 2nd rounder AND Irvin.

However, it would not surprsie me if by 2013, Carter goes on a 4-5 year Pro Bowl run.